Southwest Airlines was incorporated in Texas and commenced Customer Service on June 18, 1971, with three Boeing 737 aircraft serving three Texas cities-Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. Today, Southwest operates more than 600 Boeing 737 aircraft among 95 cities. Yearend results for 2014 marked Southwest's 42nd consecutive year of profitability. Southwest is the United States' most successful low fare, high-frequency, point-to-point carrier. Southwest operates more than 3,500 flights a...
Southwest Airlines in September 2017 is ending 2 routes to Cuba, both served from Ft. Lauderdale. Existing daily service, by 737-700, to Santa...
- Southwest adds Tampa – San Diego service from Jan 2018
- Southwest expands Ft. Lauderdale international routes from Nov 2017
- Southwest outlines new Boeing 737MAX 8 markets from Nov 2017
- Southwest Airlines expands Mexico service from Nov 2017
- Key figures debate aviation challenges across the Americas
- Southwest Airlines plans Long Beach – Denver launch in Feb 2017