Southwest Airlines was incorporated in Texas and commenced Customer Service on June 18, 1971, with three Boeing 737 aircraft serving three Texas cities-Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. Today, Southwest operates more than 600 Boeing 737 aircraft among 95 cities. Yearend results for 2014 marked Southwest's 42nd consecutive year of profitability. Southwest is the United States' most successful low fare, high-frequency, point-to-point carrier. Southwest operates more than 3,500 flights a...
Global airlines carried 3.8 billion passengers on scheduled services last year, an increase of 7 percent on the previous 12 months, representing an...
- Southwest adds Indianapolis – Cancun service in March 2018
- Southwest adds Ft. Lauderdale – Aruba from March 2018
- Southwest ends 2 routes to Cuba in Sep 2017
- Southwest adds Tampa – San Diego service from Jan 2018
- Southwest expands Ft. Lauderdale international routes from Nov 2017
- Southwest outlines new Boeing 737MAX 8 markets from Nov 2017