Volaris is the largest LCC in Mexico (as measured by ASKS), the second largest airline overall and the second LCC in Latin America. Volaris operates over 190 daily flights in 70 routes (domestic and international) with a fleet of 41 narrow body aircraft. Volaris is already the leader in 3 out of 5 largest domestic markets: Tijuana (TIJ), Guadalajara (GDL) and Cancun (CUN).
Airport Strategy & Marketing provides expert insight into three of this week's stand-out new routes
- Volaris updates planned new US routes in S17
- Volaris adds Mexico City – Guatemala City route from May 2017
- Volaris adds various US routes in June/July 2017
- Volaris plans Leon/Guanajuato – Ontario flights in May 2017
- US and Mexican airlines vie for Mexico City and New York slot rights
- Volaris plans additional Chicago charter routes in 1Q17