With the runway significantly extended to 1799 meters in December 2011, Vagar Airport is within direct reach of more destinations than ever before. The runway extension and other investments have already proven to be a game changer. New routes and an increase in charter operations from mainland Europe resulted in a rise in passenger-figures to the Faroese high yield market. From 2011 till 2016, Vagar Airport the number of passengers at Vagar Airport has grown from...
- List of Top 5 airlines: Atlantic Airways and SAS
- Number of Serving Airlines: 2
- Number of Direct Destinations: 9
- Number of Terminals: 1
Vagar Airport on the Faroe Islands has experienced an unprecedented growth so far in 2017.
- STUNNING GROWTH AT FAROE ISLANDS AIRPORT
- An historical day for Faroese airport
- New operator starts operations to the Faroe Islands on the 26th of March
- Vagar Airport sets new passenger record for the fifth consecutive year
- Loganair expands international flights in S17
- Loganair announces that they will start a summer route between Aberdeen and the Faroe Islands