Established in 1927 as the first airport in the Arabian Gulf, Bahrain International Airport (BIA) has been a significant aviation hub in the region. Boasting a strategic location in the heart of the Gulf and over 60 years of industry-related experience, BIA has served as an ideal gateway linking East and West. Currently, BIA is the home of Gulf air and has been a key distribution hub to DHL, for over 40 years. In 2014, 8,102129 passengers flew through BIA, a growth of 10%...
- Number of Serving Airlines: 43
- Number of Direct Destinations: 50
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
Gulf Air in summer 2017 season is adding new service to Georgia, with the offering of Bahrain – Tbilisi route. From 22JUN17, the...
- Gulf Air adds Tbilisi flights to meet leisure demand into Georgia
- KLM S17 Middle East service changes
- Gulf Air resumes Colombo flights from Jan 2017
- Gulf Air expands Hyderabad service from Dec 2016
- Kuwait Airways adds A330 Bahrain service in W16
- Gulf Air doubles Sialkot service from Dec 2016