TTG Media - Editor, Routes News
Would you like to help set the media agenda in one of the fastest-moving, most exciting and high-profile global industries today?
Are you looking for an opportunity to build your career as part of one of the liveliest, most dedicated teams within B2B media?
Are you looking to take the role that will really set light to your career in media, while enjoying global travel and a competitive salary as a result.
Then you’ve come to the right job ad - one of the most exciting new roles in B2B media is up for grabs.
Routes News is the regular magazine for aviation route planners, airlines, airports, tourism authorities and other stakeholders in the exciting aviation sector.
Supporting the regular Routes global events hosted by UBM, the seven-times-a-year magazine is now published by TTG Media, the independent media business behind the 62-year old Travel Trade Gazette and a host of other media travel brands.
The role will also give the job-holder the opportunity to contribute content across TTG Media, putting them at the heart of the brand’s senior content team.
- The Editor will be responsible for planning out each edition of the magazine, which is currently published seven times a year, in partnership with UBM Routes
- The Editor will contribute a great deal of his/her own writing to the magazine, as well as commissioning freelancers and other members of the TTG Media team as appropriate
- The Editor will liaise closely with the event team at the Routes office in Manchester
- The editor will liaise closely with the Routes content team, identifying and developing opportunities for content sharing as appropriate
- The Editor will be responsible for the overall performance of the magazine, and will carefully monitor how closely the team is covering all aspects of the market
- The Editor will be responsible for editing raw copy before it is passed to the production team. He or she will be a conscientious and careful copy editor with a ferocious eye for detail. He or she will be responsible for ensuring that copy is accurate; has correct grammar; follows house style; is properly structured; and is “sold” to the reader in the most appropriate way.
- The Editor will be required to consider the impact of the front page, and other pages, in terms of design.
- The Editor will be responsible for the smooth running of the production process. Meeting and enforcing deadlines is fundamental to this role.
- Travel is a key part of the role, with the Editor expected to travel to the majority of the six annual Routes events
- The Editor will be responsible for managing the Routes News budget, and ensuring contributors are paid
- The Editor will represent Routes News at external functions as and when appropriate, including public speaking
- Strong sense of editorial awareness, preferably refined through years of experience in B2B or national media
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to refine copy for publication online and in print, quickly and efficiently
- Experience and skills of working in digital channels, including use of content management systems
- Management skills
- An understanding of media law and how it relates to Routes News
- A personable manner, with strong communication and organisational skills
- Strategic approach to helping to develop the brand
- A broad understanding of the commercial aspects of B2B media, and a willingness to work closely with the commercial team when necessary
Apply by Friday, December 4, 2015 to TTG Media managing director Daniel Pearce at email@example.com