Read all the latest press releases here!
For further press information please contact:
Top Industry Experts Confirm Participation at This Year's ICAO, World Bank and Routes Global Aviation Strategy Summit (GASS)
Posted 04/08/2010 - Viewed 3470 time(s)
Manchester, England, 4 August 2010
Once again the highly regarded ICAO, World Bank & Routes Global Aviation Strategy Summit (GASS) will be co-located with World Routes. Bringing together more than 400 senior industry leaders from governments, international aviation associations, tourism authorities, airlines, airports, academic sectors and industry suppliers, GASS will provide the ideal platform for vibrant and stimulating interchanges and discussions about global issues currently affecting the air transport industry.
Mike Berman, Vice President Commercial at RDG, reported that "this year we are expecting the same calibre of delegates as previously. In 2009, 62% off all GASS attendees were President, Chairman, CEO, Managing Director, Director General and Director, with a further 32% being Senior Managers of departments such as Commercial, Strategy, Network Planning and Marketing".
Berman continued: "GASS really is the platform through which the very highest level of industry experts is able to thoroughly discuss and critically analyse market trends and predictions for the future of the industry".
The panellists will address such issues as the growth of the airline industry, environmental challenges and opportunities for the sector, what the future might hold, security challenges, whether airlines or airports are now the more dominant partner in route development, and scenarios for the future in relation to the liberalisation of air services.
GASS has a truly global audience, with participation confirmed by delegates from 70 countries. The summit is by invitation only, however, journalists are more than welcome to attend.
For further information or to register for World Routes and GASS, please contact the Routes PR team at firstname.lastname@example.org. For the full list of confirmed moderators and panellists, refer to the notes below.
- Ends -
Notes to Editors:
Moderators will include:
· Abu Dhabi Department of Transport, Civil Aviation Advisor, Michael Kellaway
· BBC World Television, News Anchor and Presenter, Aaron Heslehurst
· Peel Airports Group, Deputy CEO, Neil Pakey
· The World Bank Group, Principal Air Transport Specialist, Charles E. Schlumberger
· University of North Carolina, Director Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise, John D. Kasarda
· Vancouver Airport Authority, Vice President Community and Environmental Affairs, Anne Murray
Panellists will include:
- ACI World, Director General, Angela Gittens
- African Airline Association (AFRAA), President, and Ethiopian Airlines, CEO, Girma Wake
- Airbus Americas, Director, Business Operations, Simon Pickup
- ALTA, Executive Director, Alex de Gunten
- Association of Asia Pacific Airlines, Director General, Andrew Herdman
- Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Vice President Market and Value Analysis, Fariba Alamdari
- British Airways, Director Strategy and Business Units, Robert Boyle
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, Executive Vice President of Marketing and Terminal Management, Joseph W. Lopano
- Etihad Airways, Vice President International and Public Affairs, and IATA Industry Affairs Committee, Chairman, Vijay Poonoosamy
- General Authority of Civil Aviation KSA, Director General of Corporate Planning, Al-Zharani
- GOL Transportes Aéreos, Planning and Statistics Director, Mauricio Emboaba
- ICAO, Chief Aviation Security Branch, Jim Marriott
- ICAO, Chief Economic Analysis and Policy Section Air Transport Bureau, Narjess Teyssier
- ICAO, Air Transport Bureau, Director, Folasade Odutola
- ICAO, Representative of UNWTO, Chris Lyle
- Lima Airport Partners, CEO, Jaime Daly
- Malaysia Airlines, General Manager Government and International Relations, Germal Singh
- Malaysia Airport Holdings Berhad, Managing Director, Tan Sri Bashir Ahmad
- Shaheen Air International, Vice Chairman Operations, Muhammad Arshad Jalil
- SNC LAVALIN, Vice President, Airport Development of the Transportation Division, Ian Matheson
- Star Alliance Services (GmbH), Vice President Business Development, Horst E. Findeisen
- The World Bank Group, Principal Air Transport Specialist, Charles E. Schlumberger
- The World Bank Group, Sector Manager Transport Division, Marc Juhel
- Tourism Vancouver, President and CEO, Rick Antonson
- Vancouver Airport Services, President and CEO, George Casey
- World Routes - The World Route Development Forum - is the world renowned annual airline and airport networking event. Routes facilitates and encourages the role of airports in the development of air services through organising global and region specific airline/airport networking forums.
- This year's World Route Development Forum will take place in Vancouver, Canada, 19th-21st September.
- Routes Regional events include Routes Americas, Routes Asia, Routes Europe, Routes Africa and Routes CIS.
- Routes was founded in 1995 by Chairman Mike Howarth as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. www.asm-global.com.
- Both companies are now subsidiaries of RDG -The Route Development Group - which is the leading global solutions provider in the strategically important 'route development' sector of air transport. www.routedevgroup.com
- In April 2007, Routes also won the prestigious Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2007. The award, for outstanding business performance and commercial success, recognised Routes' sustained contribution to aviation route development through its innovative Regional and World Route Development Forums.
For further press information please contact Nadine Wenn at:
The Route Development Group (RDG)
T: +44 (0)161 234 2711
113-115 Portland Street
Manchester M1 6DW
Please login to view this content. Not a member? Register for free.