Read all the latest press releases here!
For further press information please contact:
New Route Announcements at the 16th World Routes
Posted 30/09/2010 - Viewed 3246 time(s)
- For Immediate Release -
NEW ROUTE ANNOUNCEMENTS AT THE 16TH WORLD ROUTES
- More Expected Following The Event -
Vancouver, Canada, 22 September 2010
The 16th World Routes, hosted by Vancouver International Airport and held in Vancouver, Canada, has drawn to a close. The event brought together over 2,500 aviation professionals, who met for three days of meetings and networking opportunities.
This year's event saw a surge in airline attendance, with some 450 delegates representing over 250 airlines. This is an increase in airline delegates of approximately 30% from last year and is demonstrative of the value that airlines place on attending World Routes.
Carriers are choosing not only to undertake their route development at World Routes, but also are using the event to communicate important industry news. For example, various airlines made new route announcements at the event. These included US Airways who held a press conference at World Routes, where they announced the launch of a daily seasonal service to Madrid and Dublin from their Charlotte hub. Vietnam Airlines announced the operation of a new charter service between Adelaide and Ho Chi Minh City, and AirAsia X made public the
introduction of a thrice-weekly service to Tokyo Haneda from Kuala Lumpur.
The B.C. Provincial Government also used the event to announce that there is to be an elimination of the provincial aviation fuel tax, which is a further indication of the importance of the event to the global aviation industry.
Nigel Mayes, Managing Director of Routes, commented: "We are very pleased with the outcome of the event. As well as those we heard at the forum itself, we expect numerous new route announcements to be made over the coming months as a direct result of meetings that took
place at World Routes."
- Ends -
Notes to Editors
- World Routes - The World Route Development Forum - is the world renowned annual airline and airport networking event. It facilitates and encourages the role of airports in the development of air services through organising global and region specific airline/airport networking forums.
- This year's World Routes took place in Vancouver, Canada, 19th-21st September.
- Routes Regional events include Routes Americas, Routes Asia, Routes Europe, Routes Africa and Routes CIS.
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. www.asm-global.com.
- Both companies, and Routesonline.com, were acquired by UBM Aviation in August 2010. UBM Aviation specialises in the supply of data and information products, market intelligence, news and events related to the global aviation industry. More information can be found at www.ubmaviation.com.
- In April 2007, Routes won the prestigious Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2007. The award, for outstanding business performance and commercial success, recognised Routes' sustained contribution to aviation route development through its innovative Regional and World Route Development Forums.
For further press information please contact Nadine Wenn at:
The Route Development Group (RDG)
T: +44 (0)161 234 2711
113 - 115 Portland Street
Manchester M1 6DW
Please login to view this content. Not a member? Register for free.