Read all the latest press releases here!
For further press information please contact:
Sales Officially Launched for Routes CIS 2012
Posted 07/12/2011 - Viewed 2616 time(s)
Routes CIS is the route development forum for the entire CIS region and the 2nd Routes CIS event will take place on 24-26 June 2012. The event, which will be hosted by Ekaterinburg Koltsovo Airport, will be held in Ekaterinburg which is located in the central part of Russia on the Eastern side of the Ural Mountain range making it the ideal location for airports, airlines, tourism authorities and other industry stakeholders from all over the region to meet and discuss their future plans.
Almost 200 key decision makers from across the region are expected to attend the event to discuss air service development. Delegates responsible for both new and existing routes from a wide variety of airlines will attend this event and early registrations received include Pegasus Airlines, FlyDubai and Air Baltic.
The Routes CIS Strategy Forum will open the event on the afternoon of Sunday 24th June. This enjoyable and informative event will see a panel of leading industry experts involved in a number of moderator led discussions and will address a number of route development issues from across the CIS region. Topics will include:
- Accessing the CIS Market – Bilaterals and Barriers to Entry
- Attracting the Outbound CIS Leisure Market
- Investment, Infrastructure & Improvements – Airport Development in the CIS
- THE CIS as the Cargo Gateway between Europe and Asia
The historic city of Ekaterinburg, rich in history and culture, is the fourth largest city in Russia with a population of 1.4 million inhabitants. A major business centre in Russia it is the most important inter-regional centre for economic and social development for the huge Ural region. The unique geographical position of Ekaterinburg on the border of Europe and Asia creates many opportunities between the East and West and there has been an increase in foreign companies successfully operating their businesses here.
“Hosting Routes CIS 2012 is a great privilege and a variety of opportunities for us,” commented Koltsovo Airport CEO Yevgeny Chudnovsky. “The projects currently implemented at Koltsovo surpass the scopes of the airport development and expands to the air gateways of Nizhny Novgorod, Samara and ultimately to other Russian airports. To have Routes CIS hosted in Ekaterinburg is a perfect opportunity for us to give an insight into our plans and achievements to our colleagues, to share our expertise in introduction of new technologies, related to airport operation in particular, to find new partners, and to enhance the route network for our passengers.”
David Stroud, Executive Vice President, Airports for UBM Aviation Routes commented: “We are delighted to be taking the 2nd Routes CIS event to Ekaterinburg. Koltsovo Airport is the largest regional airport in Russia and the unique location of Ekaterinburg makes it the ideal place for delegates from all over the CIS region to meet. We have no doubt that the dedicated host team from Ekaterinburg Koltsovo Airport will deliver a most successful event.”
Due to its location on the border of Europe and Asia Ekaterinburg Koltsovo Airport (SVX), one of Russia’s leading airports, plans to develop into a regional feeder hub feeding both European and Asian network carriers. The airport currently has over 35 Russian and foreign airline partners connecting Ekaterinburg with over 90 cities in Europe, Asia and Northern Africa. SVX have recently been focusing on the construction of the ‘New Air Cargo Logistic Village’ project which will aim to deliver world class facilities for air cargo handling and operations in order to support the growth and development of air freight in Russia.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. www.routesonline.com
- All destinations and Hosts of Routes CIS Events are listed below:
- Kharkiv, Ukraine, 7-9 June 2010, hosted by Kharkiv International Airport
- Ekaterinburg, Russia, 24-26 June 2012, hosted by Ekaterinburg Koltsovo Airport
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK‐based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. www.asm‐global.com
- Routes and ASM were acquired by UBM Aviation Worldwide Ltd in August 2010. Routes is a UBM Aviation brand. UBM Aviation specialises in the supply of data and information products, market intelligence, news and events related to the global aviation industry. More information can be found at www.ubmaviation.com
For further press information please contact:
UBM Aviation Routes Limited
T: +44 (0) 161 234 2730
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes