Read all the latest press releases here!
For further press information please contact:
Routes and International Council of Tourism Partners Join Forces
Posted 19/07/2012 - Viewed 3222 time(s)
During the recent Routes Africa event which took place 8-10 July in the Seychelles Routes, part of UBM Aviation and the International Council of Tourism Partners (ICTP) reached an agreement to work together to advance the understanding of the value of airline connectivity for destinations.
The two organisations will develop programmes around both World Routes and Routes’ regional events that will give a clearer focus on the main trade, development, and human dimensions of connectivity. These workshops, conferences and other related activities will also identify the key challenges and explore practical ways to unlock the benefits, impacts and opportunities of sustainable aviation growth. The programmes will maintain a strong focus on promoting this type of growth to developing markets generally and the African market specifically.
Seychelles Minister of Tourism and Culture Alain St. Ange said that this had been a great week for the Seychelles: “To be a catalyst for new forms of collaboration between old friends is a very special privilege. We in turn pledge our support to the continuing work of ICTP and Routes, and to ensure that the unique spirit of the Vanilla Islands remains close to the accomplishments that I know will result from their work together.”
David Stroud, Executive Vice President Airports for UBM Aviation Routes commented: “This is one of the really exciting outcomes of our very successful meeting here in the Seychelles. It was not only the biggest meeting on extending Africa services that we have ever held, but also the one where the most business ever was done between airlines, airports, and tourism authorities. Thanks to the inclusionary thinking of Minister St. Ange, we have had the opportunity to interact with ICTP, whose vision and global coverage fits closely with our own. We are both committed to promoting sustainable aviation growth.”
These sentiments were echoed by Professor Geoffrey Lipman, President of ICTP, who welcomed the opportunities to build the worldwide network of support for an expanding air transport system geared to green growth transformation saying: “It is very appropriate that we start here in Africa and in the Vanilla Islands, which depend on sustainable aviation growth for poverty reduction and lifestyle development. We will continue to keep these needs at the centre of our global collaboration with Routes.”
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK‐based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. www.asm‐global.com
- Routes and ASM were acquired by UBM Aviation Worldwide Ltd in August 2010. Routes is a UBM Aviation brand. UBM Aviation specialises in the supply of data and information products, market intelligence, news and events related to the global aviation industry. More information can be found at www.ubmaviation.com
For further press information please contact:
UBM Aviation Routes Limited
T: +44 (0) 161 234 2730
Follow us on twitter:
- The International Council of Tourism Partners (ICTP) is a grassroots travel and tourism coalition of global destinations committed to quality service and green growth.
- ICTP engages communities and their stakeholders to share quality and green opportunities including tools and resources, access to funding, education, and marketing support. ICTP advocates sustainable aviation growth, streamlined travel formalities, and fair coherent taxation.
- ICTP supports the UN Millennium Development Goals, the UN World Tourism Organization's Global Code of Ethics for Tourism, and a range of programs that underpin them.
- ICTP has members in Anguilla; Aruba; Bangladesh; Belgium, Belize; Canada; China; Croatia; The Gambia; Germany; Ghana; Greece; Grenada; India; Indonesia; Iran; Korea (South); La Reunion (French Indian Ocean); Malaysia; Malawi; Mauritius; Mexico; Morocco; Nicaragua; Nigeria; Northern Mariana Islands (USA Pacific Island Territory); Sultanate of Oman; Pakistan; Palestine; Rwanda; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Trinidad & Tobago; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe; and from the US: Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Maine, Missouri, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.
For more information, go to: www.tourismpartners.org