Read all the latest press releases here!
For further press information please contact:
World Routes Handed Over to Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority
Posted 02/10/2012 - Viewed 3881 time(s)
New Terminal 3 spurs international air traffic growth
After a record breaking event in Abu Dhabi, which saw 3,000 delegates in attendance, Abu Dhabi Airports Company have officially handed over to Las Vegas.
Las Vegas onvention & Visitors Authority (LVCVA) and Las Vegas McCarran International Airport will co-host the 19thWorld Route Development Forum which will take place on 5th– 8thOctober 2013.
“We’re very excited to be the first World Routes host destination in the United States”, said Cathy Tull, Senior Vice President of Marketing for the Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority, speaking at a press conference today in Abu Dhabi. “Las Vegas offers an experience which is second to none and we’re looking forward to welcoming the world’s aviation community. The city is the entertainment and convention capital of the world with nearly 5 million convention visitors last year, and we are seeing strong growth in international and high-end visitors.”
Randall H. Walker, Director of Aviation for Las Vegas McCarran International Airport commented: “Las Vegas is not only a fascinating and exciting city, but the new terminal also makes it a focal point for route development. With a 7% growth in international passengers this year, Las Vegas is the fastest growing international airport in the United States, and the brand new Terminal 3 is a great opportunity to continue to grow passenger and visitor numbers in the coming years.”
David Stroud, Executive Vice President, Routes said: “Hosting World Routes will allow Las Vegas to increase air services and visitor numbers at a time when the airport’s expansion offers airlines new opportunities. For Routes, taking the event to the United States for the first time will further strengthen our position in the world’s largest aviation market.”
Las Vegas has 150,000 hotel rooms, most of which are within a 15 minute drive to McCarran International Airport which makes the city a true hub for aviation events and tourism. 40 million visitors are expected to visit Las Vegas in 2012 and approximately half of them arrive through Las Vegas McCarran International Airport.
McCarran International Airport opened its new Terminal 3 on 27 June this year. It provides the airport with an additional seven international and seven national gates and increases the airport’s capacity to 53m arriving and departing passengers per year. The airport expects 43m passengers in 2012, compared to 41.5m last year.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK‐based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. www.asm‐global.com
- Routes and ASM were acquired by UBM Aviation Worldwide Ltd in August 2010. From 1stAugust 2012 Routes, ASM and the Airport Cities Conference and Exhibition become part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. www.ubmlive.com
For further press information please contact:
UBM Aviation Routes Limited
T: +44 (0) 161 234 2730
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @RouteExchange, @airlineroute
About the LVCVA
- As the official destination marketing organization of Las Vegas, the LVCVA promotes tourism, conventions, meetings and special events - as well as ongoing advocacy to extend the city's influence as a leader in tourism and hospitality. To drive the tourism engine that powers the Southern Nevada economy, the LVCVA is charged with and committed to building and protecting the Las Vegas brand among its diverse audiences of current and potential visitors. With more than 150,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and over 10.6 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA's mission focuses on attracting ever-increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area.