UBM Live strengthens Routes business through recent restructure
4th December 2013
UBM Live has strengthened its Routes business by making some structural changes which has put Katie Bland and Nigel Mayes at the forefront of the future growth of the business. The recent changes were announced by Adrian Newton, Group Director, Transport and Technology, UBM Live: “I am delighted to announce promotions for two of UBM’s brightest rising stars. Katie Bland will move to the position of Director of the Routes business and Nigel Mayes who will take on the position of Commercial & Relationships Director. Katie has almost 20 years experience in the events industry having worked for a range of exhibition and media organisations. Joining Routes in 2005 Katie spent the first five years leading the Sales Team followed by a move into her most recent role as Future Hosts Director where she was responsible for securing future hosts for nine annual events in the Routes and Airport Cities portfolios.”
Newton continued: “In his current role, Nigel has been responsible for driving the commercial success of Routes, customer engagement, airport and airline attendance and developing the conference. He has over 15 years of aviation industry experience having previously worked for Birmingham International Airport before joining ASM as an aviation consultant in 2002. Katie and Nigel’s complementary skills, experience and knowledge will combine to form a powerful leadership team capable of steering Routes through its next exciting period of development.”
Further announcements followed including promotions and changes within the organisation for several members of the team. Ged Brown moves into the Head of Future Hosting position with responsibility for leading the team to deliver global host partners whilst Mark Gray will lead the Airline Relations & Scheduling team as Head of Airline Relations.
Sallyanne Collins will become Head of Commercial with responsibility for leading the commercial team to attract attendees from the world’s airports, tourism authorities, other stakeholders and suppliers across all Routes events. Natasha Peck takes on further responsibility for the Airport Cities and Aerotropolis brands as Head of Marketing - Routes and Airport Cities. Natasha has been a driving force behind the Routes brand for the past 10 years and will now take this experience into the Airport Cities events together with other brands within the business.
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK‐based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. www.asm‐global.com
- Routes and ASM were acquired by UBM Aviation Worldwide Ltd in August 2010. From 1stAugust 2012 Routes, ASM and the Airport Cities Conference and Exhibition become part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. www.ubmlive.com
For further press information please contact:
T: +44 (0) 161 234 2730
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world’s buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.