Introduction to Smaland Airport - Vaxjo
Växjö Småland Airport is the fastest growing and largest international airport in south eastern Sweden which had 42% growth in 2017 bringing up the passenger numbers to 243 000. The forecast for 2018 is over 300 000 passengers with new destinations such as AMS (KLM daily), TXL (BRA twice weekly), AYT (TUI weekly).
Naturally located in the centre of the catchment area of over 750 000 people the Airport has a combination of ULCC, full service, domestic as well as charter traffic with 22 destinations for 2018.
Business traffic is very important with a high density of SMI's as well as larger...
A weekly round-up of the latest news from the aviation industry as airlines and airports seek to recover from the COVID-19 crisis.
- BRA schedules Salen / Scandinavian Mountains Airport launch in Dec 2019
- BRA returns to Berlin in S18
- KLM plans Vaxjo launch in May 2018
- WizzAir schedules Skopje expansion from July 2017
- Ryanair expands Poland service in S17
- WizzAir expands Tuzla operations in S17