About The Airport
Brisbane Airport (BNE) is Australia’s third largest and the gateway for 23.8 million passenger each year. The best of Australia can be reached in one hour from BNE, facilitated by an extensive domestic network comprising 51 destinations – the largest domestic network of any airport across the nation.
When Brisbane’s new runway opens in mid-2020 the airport will have the nation’s most efficient runway system and more capacity than any other Australian capital city port, providing the city and state with ample infrastructure to support the 50 million passengers forecast to travel through BNE by 2040.
The 29 international airline partners of BNE enjoy:
- Superior on-airport infrastructure
- Scheduling flexibility due to 24/7 operations
- Low LCC competition
- 4% average annual international passenger growth
- A wealthy and fast-growing outbound market (over 5 million people; 55% share of total international traffic)
- Demand for premium class travel, as Brisbane is the capital city of the state of Queensland which has a booming economy