About The Airport
Riga Airport – leading the Baltic States!
- RIX is the leading airport and main traffic hub in the Baltics, serving almost half of all passengers in the region.
- Riga Airport numbers keep growing – passengers records were broken each month in 2017 with 6.1 million passengers served in total (+12,9%).
- The most competitive airport in Europe in terms of cost and tariff structure per passenger – awarded for ‘Top European Airport Cost Competitiveness Excellence’ by ATRS (Air Transport Research Society).
- Latvia has one of the fastest growing economies in the EU (1, 6% growth in the 1st quarter of 2017). Forecast by Ministry of Finance for 2017 – 3.2% growth.
- Central location, superior road network, and a seaport ensure easily accessible traffic to and from all three Baltic countries, Scandinavia and Germany.
- Riga is the metropolis of the Baltics and the third largest North-European city with rich history, culture, nature landscapes and architectural pearls.
- EU country and a member of Schengen, also a participant of the World Trade Organisation, meaning it enjoys the benefits of free trade in the world’s markets. Latvia has also become a full-fledged OECD member.
- Latvia has a unique geography and cultural position, providing a strategic location for business operations targeting developed economies of the EU and emerging markets of the nation’s eastern neighbors. Latvia is a natural gateway between the US, Europe, and Asia.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: airBaltic, Ryanair, Wizz Air, Norwegian, Lufthansa
- Number of Serving Airlines: 17 summer / 16 winter
- Number of Direct Destinations: 100 summer / 74 winter
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3,200
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 6 098 477
- Ownership: Government of Latvia
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7
- Total Catchment Population: 6.2 million
- Urban Population: 696,593
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 80