About The Airport
The inauguration of the new Passenger Terminal with capacity for 9 million pax/ year, in 2005, has provided us the chance to grow, both in traffic figures as well as in service quality. Since then, Porto Airport has been registering an average of traffic increase of 10% per year.
Currently, 20 airlines operate in Porto Airport, both full service and low cost, connecting our airport to 76 destinations throughout Europe, Africa, North and South America.
With an annual passenger throughput of 6.0 million (2011/2012), 6.4 million (2013) and 6.9 million (2014) we have optimal conditions to attract new routes and new airlines.
In 2015, three airlines joined Porto Airport: Turkish Airlines, Germanwings and Czech Airlines. These airlines now operate from Porto to Istanbul (4WF - TK); Dusseldorf (2WF – 4U) and Prague (2WF – OK). Beyond these new routes, EasyJet opened an operational base in OPO, with two A320, launched four new routes (Bristol, Luton, Manchester and Stuttgart) and two new operations (Nantes and Luxembourg); Ryanair launched one route to Lorient and started a new operation to Ponta Delgada (Azores); Europe Airpost will start a new operation to Rennes. Cologne is also OPO new destination, which operation will start by the end of October, by Ryanair.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Ryanair, TAP Portugal, Easyjet, Transavia.com, Lufthansa
- Number of Serving Airlines: 39
- Number of Direct Destinations: 102
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3480
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 10,7
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 41,4
- Ownership: ANA - Aeroportos de Portugal, SA
- Operational Opening Hours: 24H
- Total Catchment Population: 4 M
- Urban Population: 1.5 M
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 39