About The Airport
4.1 million people reside in Izmir and it is the 3rd most populous city in Turkey. Also referred as the “Pearl of the Aegean,” Izmir is a tourist destination located at the Aegean coast of Turkey and is well-known for its historical sites, beautiful beaches and holiday resorts. The city attracts about a million tourists each year thanks to the numerous tourist attractions in and around. Hosting one of the biggest ports in Turkey, Izmir also has a significant amount of trade volume.
Total passenger traffic at Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport’s (ADB) grew 7% in 2014, handling 10.9 million passengers.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Sunexpress, Thomas Cook UK, Thomsonfly, Germanwings, Lufthansa
- Number of Serving Airlines: 54
- Number of Direct Destinations: 66
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3,240m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 13425000
- Ownership: TAV Airports
- Operational Opening Hours: 24H
- Total Catchment Population: 5.5 million within 120 min driving
- Urban Population: 3.7 million
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 10 Boarding Bridges