Introduction to Bahrain International Airport
Established in 1927 as the first airport in the Arabian Gulf, Bahrain International Airport (BIA) has been a significant aviation hub in the region. Boasting a strategic location in the heart of the Gulf and over 60 years of industry-related experience, BIA has served as an ideal gateway linking East and West. Currently, BIA is the home of Gulf air and has been a key distribution hub to DHL, for over 40 years.
In 2014, 8,102129 passengers flew through BIA, a growth of 10% over 2013 figure of 7,334,018.
Currently 42 airlines are serving Bahrain to over 50 destinations worldwide.
The normalization accord between Bahrain and Israel paves the way for nonstop scheduled flights between the two countries.
- EgyptAir and Air Cairo sign codeshare agreement
- Etihad re-opens global network
- Gulf Air to drive a winning formula
- Route rundown: CUN-SFO, BAH-BLR, LED-ALC
- Gulf Air W17 London service changes as of 29OCT17
- Lufthansa W17 Middle East routing changes