Introduction to Bahrain International Airport
Established in 1927 as the first airport in the Arabian Gulf, Bahrain International Airport (BIA) has been a significant aviation hub in the region. Boasting a strategic location in the heart of the Gulf and over 60 years of industry-related experience, BIA has served as an ideal gateway linking East and West. Currently, BIA is the home of Gulf air and has been a key distribution hub to DHL, for over 40 years.
In 2014, 8,102129 passengers flew through BIA, a growth of 10% over 2013 figure of 7,334,018.
Currently 42 airlines are serving Bahrain to over 50 destinations worldwide.
The two carriers have agreed a codeshare deal less than four months after signing a Memorandum of Understanding to increase their cooperation.
- Etihad re-opens global network
- Gulf Air to drive a winning formula
- Route rundown: CUN-SFO, BAH-BLR, LED-ALC
- Gulf Air W17 London service changes as of 29OCT17
- Lufthansa W17 Middle East routing changes
- Gulf Air increases Russia service in W17