About The Airport
Established in 1927 as the first airport in the Arabian Gulf, Bahrain International Airport (BIA) has been a significant aviation hub in the region. Boasting a strategic location in the heart of the Gulf and over 60 years of industry-related experience, BIA has served as an ideal gateway linking East and West. Currently, BIA is the home of Gulf air and has been a key distribution hub to DHL, for over 40 years.
In 2014, 8,102129 passengers flew through BIA, a growth of 10% over 2013 figure of 7,334,018.
Currently 42 airlines are serving Bahrain to over 50 destinations worldwide.
Facts and Figures
- Number of Serving Airlines: 43
- Number of Direct Destinations: 50
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3963mX60m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 7.9
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 322,734 tonnes
- Ownership: Semi-Government
- Operational Opening Hours: 24 hours
- Total Catchment Population: 3 million
- Urban Population: 1.2 million
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 63 remote and 7 air bridges stands