About The Airport
Welcome to BRE - the gateway to Northwest Germany
At the heart of the booming region of Northwest Germany, Bremen Airport plays an important role as the gateway for airlines of every business model. Our attractive incentive program supports our customers for both the launch of new routes or growth.
With flight connections to 31 non-stop destinations, including six major European hubs, Bremen Airport counted about 2.3 million passengers in 2019. Up to 14 airlines connect Bremen to popular business destinations and holiday regions.
13 million people live in the airport’s catchment area, which also covers most of the state of Lower-Saxony and even the northeastern parts of the Netherlands.
The world's second biggest Mercedes-Benz plant, 140 aerospace companies, Beck’s beer, shipbuilders, the defence technology business and the food industry have made Bremen famous throughout the world and are an important pillar of the airport’s success.
Tourism plays an important role in Bremen and Bremerhaven. 2019 was another record-breaking year with more than 2.8 million over-night stays. A high share of these tourists from all over the world arrive at Bremen Airport. For a first impression of Bremen, please watch this video: https://youtu.be/0OV4W380yiQ
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Lufthansa, Ryanair, Eurowings, KLM, Turkish Airlines
- Number of Serving Airlines: 14
- Number of Direct Destinations: 32
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2,040 m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 2,308,000
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 13.400
- Ownership: 100% City of Bremen
- Operational Opening Hours: 0600-2230
- Total Catchment Population: 13.9 million people
- Urban Population: 678,800
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 13