Oakland Airport to host 2023 Air Service World Congress Event
Air Service World Congress 2023 will take place in the San Francisco Bay Area
Oakland, Calif. – October 26, 2022: Oakland International Airport is excited to announce that Air Service World Congress 2023 will take place in the San Francisco Bay Area and hosted by OAK from July 17-19, 2023!
Oakland International is the main airport for the greater East Bay, the most populated area in the metropolitan San Francisco Bay area. It is the closest airport to most Bay Area employers. By roadway and BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) air-rail, OAK enables excellent access to all the region’s business, entertainment, and tourism venues. The vision of Oakland International Airport is to be the airport of choice for San Francisco Bay Area residents and visitors alike. OAK is operated by the Port of Oakland, which also oversees the Oakland seaport and 20 miles of East Bay waterfront. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs in the region with more than a $130 billion economic impact.
AIR SERVICE WORLD CONGRESS, now its 5th year, has 3 KEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- AIRLINE FRIENDLY: Airlines are based in the executive PLANNERS CLUB for maximum informal networking;
- AIRPORT FRIENDLY: Airports and tourism authorities take over 2600 meetings with key airline decision-makers at their own meeting tables;
- A range of VALUE-ADDED features includes Briefings/Pitches/Announcements by leading industry speakers; Future of Aviation - UAM, eVTOL, Green Aviation; Complimentary Slot Advisory Service; Premium Hospitality, and a unique Oakland Experience!
“Oakland International Airport is proud to serve as host of Air Service World Congress in 2023. It will be the first time that the event is held in the United States, and we are honored to welcome all attendees as host airport. We look forward to showcasing the natural beauty, rich culture, adventurous spirit and economic vitality of the San Francisco Bay Area to air service development and airline network planning professionals who will be visiting from all over the world.”
- Bryant L. Francis, Director of Aviation at the Port of Oakland
“Air Service World Congress 2023 will take place at an important and unique time; it is the first face-to-face research opportunity to influence the Summer 2024 schedules submissions. The world is rapidly changing but one of the most important global events remains to be the Asian tourism reopening which is now supported by the new EU–ASEAN agreement. With traffic of 1.1 billion people, the agreement replaces over 140 bilateral air service agreements. Long haul connectivity between Americas and the World remains an important priority. Therefore, the timing of this event is both important and unique. We invite you to be at the start, not the end."
- Mike Howarth, Chairman Global Travel Investments Ltd.
Contact - Members of the Press and Media Only
Kaley Skantz - Airport Spokesperson, email@example.com