About The Airport
Sheremetyevo International Airport is the largest Russian airport in terms of passenger and freight traffic, takeoff and landing operations, the area of the airport facilities and the capacity of the cargo facilities. The Sheremetyevo route network comprises more than 220 destinations. In 2018, Sheremetyevo handled 45 million 836 thousand passengers what is 14.3% more than in 2017.
In 2017, Sheremetyevo was ranked first in Europe for the quality of passenger service in the category of airports with 25-40 million passengers per year and entered ACI Director General’s Roll of Excellence.
According to OAG Punctuality League report 2019, Sheremetyevo recognized as the leader in category of Major airports (accommodated between 20-30 million annual outbound seats) with the best result of 87%.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Aeroflot, Nordwind Airlines/Pegas Fly, RoyalFlight, Pegasus Airlines, Air France
- Number of Serving Airlines: 45
- Number of Direct Destinations: >200
- Number of Terminals: 5
- Number of Runways: RWY1 3550m, RWY2 3700m, RWY3 3200m
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3,700m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 45,85 million passengers in 2018 (+14%)
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 305000
- Ownership: International Airport Sheremetyevo
- Operational Opening Hours: 00.00-24.00
- Total Catchment Population: 15
- Urban Population: 7