About The Airport
- 25 new destinations,
- 40 million passengers, (+18% growth)
- 8 new airlines
- Most dynamic growing airport in Europe 2017
In 2018 SVO is coming up with 50% increase in terminal capacity, new 3rd runway, new Airlines and routes.
And ready to become main host airport for Fifa World Cup 2018.
We deserve to win, please support us using the link below or sending the form letter to us stipulating why we should be shortlisted for this award.
Thank you for your voices!
SHEREMETYEVO IS THE LEADER IN PASSENGER TRAFFIC IN RUSSIA IN 2017
SVO KEY FACTS
- 59 years of market experience
- 40,093 million passengers in 2017 (+17,8%)
- 308 thousand aircraft movements in 2017 (+12,9%)
- Dominant position in international flights segment among Moscow airports (52%)
- Number one in scheduled traffic
- 4 passenger terminals (new Terminal B to be opened in 2018)
- 2 cargo terminals
- Cargo traffic leader on Moscow market with more than 60% market share (more than 325k ton) in 2017
- Terminal capacity 60 million passengers per year
- Two runways RWY1 3550m, RWY2 3700m (RWY3 will be in service in 2018)
- Infrastructure for A380 and B787
- ICAO IIIA Category
- Open 24/7
SVO operates 36 foreign airlines, 7 Russian airlines (including national carrier – Aeroflot), 3 Alliances based: Skyteam, oneworld, Star Alliance
Sheremetyevo international airport has reviewed operating results for 2017. The number of handled passengers has exceeded the results of the previous year (+17,8%) and amounted up to 40,0 million passengers - most Dynamic Growing airport in Europe as reported by ACI in 2017
Wide network of scheduled destinations: 147 International and 58 Domestic
Unique international routes from Moscow: Prague, Helsinki, Amsterdam, New York, Almaty, Beijing, Belgrade, Shanghai, and 47 destinations served from Sheremetyevo only
Largest domestic network: 40+cities operated by Aeroflot more than daily
Sheremetyevo passenger traffic on domestic routes in 2017 increased by 18.5% compared to the same period last year and reached 17 million 969 thousand passengers.
The number of passengers on international routes reached 22 million 124 thousand when compared to 2016 it increased by 17,3%.
New airlines in 2017
8 new carriers started operations to SVO in 2017 –
Beijing Capital Airlines
New routes welcomed in 2017:
Domestic +6: Cheboksary, Khanty-Mansiysk, Salekhard, Lipetsk, Penza and Kirov.
International +17: Zionddong, Shenzhen, Qingdao, Chongqing, Lanzhou, Urumqi, Chongxin, Kunming, Krabi, Izmir, Bodrum, Alanya, Kostanai, Mazar-i-Sharif, Amman, Zanzibar, Casablanca.
BRIDGE BETWEEN CHINA AND EUROPE
IN 2017 SHEREMETYEVO AIRPORT HAS BECOME FIRST AND ONLY OFFICIAL “CHINA FRIENDLY” AIRPORT IN RUSSIA.
Number of passengers on Chinese routes in 2017 exceeded 2 million mark with +15,6% growth to 2016.
SVO operates 17 scheduled Chinese destinations including Macao and Hong Kong:
Guangzhou, Kunming, Lanzhou, Beijing, Sanya, Xi'an, Tianjin, Urumqi, Wuhan, Qingdao, Chongxing, Chengdu, Chengchou, Shanghai, Shenzhen regularly operated by
Aeroflot (national carrier)
SVO owns 92% of China traffic market in Russia and is 1st place on China-Europe connecting traffic market, and 6th on Asian-Europe connection traffic (2,3 mio pax).
FOCUS AREAS OF THE CHINESE MARKET
- Navigation and information alerts
- Asian cuisine restaurants
- Acceptance of UnionPaycards at the airport, currency exchange points
- Chinese version of the airport website
- Moscow city guides
- Implementation of ALIPAY
- Cooperation with the airlines and route development
- Participation in the network development forums and other aviation events
- Communication with the tourism professionals (China Friendly, Visit-Russia, etc.)
- Cooperation with the government authorities
PROJECTS to be launched prior to 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia:
- 3rd Runway 3700 X 60
- New Terminal B, capacity 20million passengers per year
- Unerground Interterminal tunnel connecting Northern and Southern terminal complexes (capacity 1676 passengers and 908 bags per hour each way)
- Fuel Complex (capacity 1.2 million tons per year, 4 fuel storage tanks, 20 parking positions)
- Cargo Terminal (load capacity 380 thousand tons) – launched in September2017
- Business center and hotels
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Aeroflot, Nordwind Airlines, RoyalFlight, Pegasus Airlines, Air France
- Number of Serving Airlines: 45
- Number of Terminals: 4
- Number of Runways: 2 (3d opening in sping 2018)
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3,700m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 40,093 million passengers in 2017 (+17,8%)
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 305000
- Ownership: International Airport Sheremetyevo
- Operational Opening Hours: 00.00-24.00