“We already have the audience you're looking for”
Now is a great time to tap into our established route development community to find the perfect candidate for your vacancy.
As a route development specific website with a truly global reach, Routesonline can offer your organisation an unrivalled platform to advertise its career opportunities.
If you want to advertise your vacancy to a senior, targeted audience of key decision makers, then Routesonline is a cost effective recruitment solution, which will deliver the best possible result.
Birmingham Airport (UK) - Aviation Development Analyst
Job Reference - REQ000094
Birmingham Airport is the UK's second largest Airport outside of London and the Midlands' premier gateway. It handles some twelve million people a year and is home to over 50 airlines flying to more than 140 destinations worldwide. In the last 10 years, the Company has invested in the region of GBP 300m in its facilities and is set to spend a further GBP 100m in the next few years as it prepares to launch new destinations, handle larger aircraft and process more passengers. With over 6000 people on site at any one time, it is a major contributor to the West Midlands' economy and has a very exciting future ahead of it.
About the role:
To support the Aviation Strategy and Forecasting Manager, the Aviation Development Analyst will perform analytical activities associated with assisting in the development and implementation of comprehensive air service and route development research, designed to promote increased utilisation of the airport for passenger travel and cargo air service. This includes providing critical market research information in support of delivering the Airports strategic objectives.
- You will provide analytical support to the Aviation Development Team in the preparation of new air service route and cargo development business cases, financial models and data analysis.
- Assisting in identifying potential opportunities to increase aeronautical activity at Birmingham Airport, including researching emerging airline alliances, analyzing relevant economic and demographic characteristics.
- Prepare weekly short-term passenger demand forecasts to support the Capacity Team with operational performance metrics.
- Provide accurate and timely industry intelligence and analytical support of day-to-day industry issues and their effects on Birmingham Airports air service development efforts.
- Ensuring key stakeholders have detailed analytical information gathered from aviation or non-aviation data sources such as economic forecasts, socio-economic studies, passenger and cargo surveys, airline surveys and airport activity surveys.
- Develop relationships with industry stakeholders, and representing the Airport with local airline station managers to gain an understanding of local market condition impacts on an airline-specific basis, collecting data on airline plans for service enhancements and / or reductions.
- You must have a passion for data analysis, strong attention to detail, the ability to engage and influence.
- Strong understanding of business concepts and business rules, and the ability to articulate business information and provide support.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other relational databases.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Excellent verbal, writing and communication skills.
- We offer an unbeatable opportunity to build your own professional reputation by helping to promote ours. If you're ready for the challenge, please read the job description and person specification and click 'Apply Online' to upload your CV and complete the application form.
Grade D GBP 24,538 - GBP 28,104
If you feel are suitable for this role please click here to apply
Closing date for this role 08/10/2018
ASM Business Expansion Plans
ASM is growing its consultancy services and is seeking to expand the team with the recruitment of experienced route development experts.
ASM is looking to build a new team based within China to support the increasing demand from the Asia region. Successful candidates will be fluent in English and Mandarin and must have industry experience of at least 10 years, ideally gained in airline network planning and/or airport route development with the ability to identify new business opportunities and service client requirements. Desirable skills include:
- Aviation strategy and network planning
- Airline operations and fleet planning
- Route scheduling and analysis
- Traffic/revenue forecasting and market analysis
- Revenue management
- Airport development strategy
- Marketing and brand strategy
Air Cargo Expansion
ASM is looking for managers with at least 10 years’ experience within the air cargo market. The location for this role is flexible; although UK is preferred. Successful candidates must have a deep understanding of how air cargo routes are developed by airlines and their supply chain partners. Applying this insight for the benefit or our airport clients, you will be able to provide the following:
- Prepare air cargo development strategies and implement plans for airports
- The ability to fulfil these strategies and plans, working across the supply chain to secure increased belly hold, pure freighter and integrator business for our client airports
- Forecasts for future air cargo growth at airports
- Develop synergies with local logistics partners and sea freight infrastructure
If you are interested in find out more about these roles, or ASM’s expansion plans, please get in touch at email@example.com.