Tampere the most attractive city in Finland by far
The Tampere region is the second largest economic region in Finland after the Helsinki Metropolitan Area. Around two-thirds of Finland’s economic activity is concentrated within a two-hour drive from Tampere. Together with its surrounding municipalities, Tampere creates one of the fastest growing city regions in Finland. The city is preparing for growth and investing over EUR 6 billion in the development of the city by 2030.
According to studies, Finland is home to the happiest people in the world and, in surveys, Tampere shines year after year as Finland’s most attractive city to live in and run a business. According to a survey conducted by Taloustutkimus in 2018, more than one in three Finns could consider moving to Tampere.
Did you know this about Tampere?
- The Tampere region is the second largest urban area in Finland, with a population of 380,000.
- By 2040, the net increase is expected to be 110,000 people.
- The City of Tampere is investing over EUR 6 billion in the development of the city by 2030.
- Ongoing major projects in Tampere include the construction of the tramway and a world-class Deck Arena , in the city centre; they are both top projects of the Five-star City Centre 2018–2030 development programme.
- Tampere and its city region are in the running for the European Capital of Culture 2026.
- Tampere shines year after year as the most popular Finnish city, to which Finns would most like to move.
- Video: Come as you are
Tampere Region Economic Development Agency Business Tampere (Tredea Oy), maintains and strengthens the magnetism of the Tampere central region and fosters prerequisites for successful business. Business Tampere has three main programs, aimed at increasing the attractiveness of the Tampere region in the eyes of investors, skilled workers and innovators. Under Business Tampere is Visit Tampere with the main goal to attract domestic and foreign tourists to the region.
Visit Tampere is an expert organization working in the fields of tourism, events and congresses. Its mission is to make Tampere the most attractive city in Northern Europe for tourists as well as event organizers. Visit Tampere promotes the city to selected consumer markets and attracts events and congresses in close cooperation with local companies and entrepreneurs. Visit Tampere is an affiliate company to Business Tampere.