About World Routes 2020
The 26th World Route Development Forum
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to develop on a global basis, government-imposed travel restrictions are still in place in many countries around the world. It is with regret we inform you that, after careful consideration and consultation with our hosts, SEA Milan Airports, we announce that World Routes 2020 in Milan, Italy, will now be postponed. The event, scheduled for 5-8 September 2020 in Milan, Italy, will now take place on 14-16 November 2020.
Message from David Stroud
The Routes and ASM team are aware that in our business activities, airlines, airports and tourism authorities are facing unprecedented operational and demand challenges, and no-one can be certain how long they will impact us or how severe they may be.
Message from Steven Small
What we have learnt throughout these periods of uncertainty, is that our role in the industry must change and adapt. And, when the time is right, in this robust resilient industry of ours that there will be a recovery.
- Emirates July – October 2020 operations as of 0445GMT 25MAY20
- Air New Zealand July/August 2020 International operations as of 28MAY20
- Thai Airways International July 2020 Europe service adjustment as of 0545GMT 29MAY20
- SAS restores additional European routes in June 2020
- SAS resumes limited long-haul passenger service from June 2020
Routes speaks to Alan Borg, CEO of Malta International Airport.
The LCC continues to grow despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
The airlines respond to a gradual relaxation of COVID-19 travel restrictions.