LEADING ROUTE DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANCY
HELPS LAUNCH NEW AIR SERVICES IN THE TOUGHEST OF TIMES
Manchester, February 2009
For ASM, the World Leaders in Route Development for Airports, the New Year has started on a highly positive note. Despite the difficult economic climate, ASM consultants helped secure three new air services for their clients in the last month only.
On behalf of Zagreb Airport, ASM initiated the launch of a new scheduled air service between Zagreb and Madrid. This service, offered by Iberia, will operate twice weekly from 4th of July until the 20th of September 2009, using an Airbus A320 aircraft. It comes in response to the growing market demand between Spain and Croatia and signifies an increasing growth in tourism and commerce between the two countries. ASM's pursuit of the Iberia target commenced in early 2006 with the provision of extensive market information to Iberia, which was followed by meetings at The World Route Development Forums (World Routes) in Stockholm in 2007 and Kuala Lumpur in 2008.
Loganair just announced the introduction of their Blackpool - Isle of Man service starting in summer 2009. This flight will be operated daily with connections available onwards to Belfast. Finally ASM secured a major new airline for a client in South East Asia. Details on this new route are embargoed for release by the airline until further notice.
"All of these developments and others that are close to completion reaffirm ASM's ability to deliver new routes in the toughest of times for our clients," says John Grant, Managing Director of ASM. "In periods of industry downturn our expert advice and consultancy experience have once again proven to bring rich success for our clients around the world. That success coupled with our expanding Latin American operations means that we are well placed for delivering further success in the coming months."
For further information on ASM and its services, please visit the official website at www.asm-global.com.
- Ends -
Notes to Editors
- Airport Strategy & Marketing Ltd (ASM) was founded in 1993 and was the first management consulting company specializing in the field of route development for airports.
- ASM works exclusively for airports, helping them expand their route networks and bring economic development to their surrounding regions. The results that have been achieved support ASM's claim to be the world leader in its field.
- ASM does not contract to airlines. This gives its consultants the unique ability to protect their objectivity and freedom to act in the best way possible for every client. Carriers understand that there are no conflicts of interest and, as such, relationships with them are based on trust and mutual respect.
- The company is built around a growing team of experienced route development professionals and their approach purposely mirrors the function and nature of route development itself. This has enabled ASM to develop a track record without equal in delivering new routes for airports across all airline sectors.
- ASM is a subsidiary of RDG, a family of inter-related companies, strategic partners and associates that is the leading global solutions provider in the strategically important 'route development' sector of air transport. www.routedevgroup.com
For further press information please contact Nadine Wenn at:
The Route Development Group (RDG)
T: +44 (0)161 234 2711
113-115 Portland Street
Manchester M1 6DW