Charles Schlumberger, Lead Air Transport Specialist for the World Bank will be moderating a session on "A Sustainable Future for Aviation" at this year's World Routes Strategy Summit, 6 - 8 October. He's spoken to us about what exactly what we can expect from the panel on this .
Key Issues & Discussions
- What is the true impact of aviation on the environment?
- How do we reflect the cost to the environment to the consumer?
- How can airports develop sustainably?
- How do airlines develop an environmental policy?
- What is the role of the aircraft manufacturer in reducing CO2?
- What impact will biofuels make on CO2 emissions?
- What is the impact of scarse oil reserves on oil prices?
Who's on the Panel?
- Alan Robinson, Founder, Paradigm BioAviation
- Nancy Young, Vice President Environmental Affairs, Airlines For America
- Professor Kjell Aleklett, Professor of Physics, Uppsala University
- Hélène V. Gagnon, Vice President, Public Affairs, Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility, Bombardier Aerospace
A little more information
The World Routes Strategy Summit held in partnership with ICAO and the World Bank and sponsored by Oman Airports Management Company (OAMC), will take place on 6th & 7th October and will provide a unique snapshot into route development as leaders from across the industry including airlines, airports, governments, network planning, travel and tourism, air cargo and economic development agencies meet to participate in discussions that will set the commercial and political agenda for the industry.