Routes Weekly top five: Gulf Air's winning formula, Air Canada-Air China JV, Heathrow expansion, LATAM's Munich plans and more
Our top five stories on Routes Weekly: Gulf Air's European and North American ambitions; Air Canada and Air China joint venture; London Heathrow expansion moves closer; LATAM Airlines plans Munich service; Route rundown and more.
Our top five stories on Routes Weekly this week - subscribe here:
1. After a long period with a declining presence in the region, Gulf Air is spoiling for a comeback. Chief executive Krešimir Kučko explains more about the European and North American ambitions of Bahrain’s state-owned carrier. Gulf Air to drive a winning formula Read more.
2. Air Canada and Air China forge joint venture Star Alliance members Air Canada and Air China have deepened their existing partnership by signing a joint venture agreement. The deal comes amid a strong increase capacity between the two countries. Read more.
3. Heathrow expansion moves closer as London battles a capacity crunch Plans for a third runway at London Heathrow have moved a step closer, paving the way for thousands more flights each year at the UK’s busiest airport. Read more.
4. Brazil's market primed for growth as LATAM adds European routes LATAM Airlines has signalled its intention to expand its European footprint with flights to Munich at a time when Brazil’s aviation market looks primed to take off again. Read more.
5. Route rundown: SZX-ZRH, AUH-BCN, HEL-HAJ This week: Hainan Airlines adds Shenzhen – Zurich, Etihad to serve second Spanish destination and Finnair grows presence in Germany. Read more.
PLUS: Kenya Airways set for Nairobi airport takeover Bulletin board: aviation industry news round-up Caution urged over airport privatisation Meeting request system for Routes Africa now open Airline in focus: Air Zimbabwe
Get our Routes Weekly newsletter!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter with route development news, features, interviews and more.
Download Can tourism ever be sustainable?
Exploring how airlines and destinations are working together to help balance social and environmental concerns with the economic benefits of tourism.
Download White Paper
About The Author...
Online Editor - Aviation
David is responsible for providing insight to the Routesonline community through the latest breaking news, as well as regular features and analysis on developments and trends within the sector. He previously spent 11 years as a business journalist, which included five as the editor of an award-winning digital news team.