Routes Weekly top five: LEVEL, A380, Bamboo Airways, Boeing, Wizz Air and more
Our top five stories on Routes Weekly: Vienna calling for LEVEL; A380 update; Vietnam's growth market; Bulletin board industry briefs; Wizz Air in focus and more.
29 June 2018 10:39
Our top five stories on Routes Weekly this week - subscribe here:
1. International Airlines Group is seeking to gain a foothold on Austrian soil by using LEVEL, its low-cost weapon on transatlantic routes, to enter the crowded European short-haul leisure market. Vienna calling for LEVEL as IAG plots Austrian assault Read more.
2. Where does the Airbus A380 fly? Q2 2018 network update Routesonline provides an update on the operations of the Airbus A380. We also reveal the network size of each operator and the top destinations served by the aircraft type. Read more.
3. Bamboo has long-haul aspirations as Vietnam market keeps growing Vietnam-based start-up Bamboo Airways has ambitions of launching long-haul routes to Europe and North America at a time when growth in the country’s aviation market shows no sign of abating. Read more.
4. Bulletin board: aviation industry news round-up This week: India and Australia sign open skies agreement; Virgin Atlantic drops LHR-DXB; Ethiopian Airlines to resume Eritrea flights; AEGEAN firms up A320neo order; European slot allocation; Swoop to open second base and more. Read more.
5. Airline in focus: Wizz Air This week we profile Routes Africa 2018 attendee Wizz Air, the Central and Eastern European low-cost carrier. Read more.
PLUS: Route rundown: CPH-HKG, BOS-HAV, BUD-LCY First look: Boeing’s hypersonic jet concept Senior delegates confirm their attendance at World Routes 2018 US regulator approves 'world-first' ULCC codeshare Air Belgium seeks to enter the US market The top ten farthest A380 flights in the world Heathrow's third runway plans approved Fastjet in urgent funding talks
Attracting senior decision makers from the region's air service development community, Routes Asia provides the perfect platform to expand your connections and discuss route development opportunities. Register your place today and join the region's leading airlines, airports, tourism authorities and industry influencers in Chiang Mai.
Register my place
Download Can tourism ever be sustainable?
Exploring how airlines and destinations are working together to help balance social and environmental concerns with the economic benefits of tourism.
Download White Paper
About The Author...
Online Editor - Aviation
David is responsible for providing insight to the Routesonline community through the latest breaking news, as well as regular features and analysis on developments and trends within the sector. He previously spent 11 years as a business journalist, which included five as the editor of an award-winning digital news team.