Routes Weekly top five: Europe growth, Africa's carriers, GOL to Quito, China targets LA, latest podcast
Our top five stories on Routes Weekly: Europe's summer growth, Africa's biggest carriers, GOL to add Quito route, Chinese carriers target LA, latest Routes Podcast
Our top five stories on Routes Weekly this week - subscribe here:
1. Europe’s aviation industry is poised for a record period over the coming months as demand for air transport continues to outstrip economic growth and defy geopolitical challenges. Routesonline analyses the continent’s growing market. Europe's growth summer heats up amid capacity warning Read more.
2. The ten biggest African airlines As the countdown to Routes Africa 2018 continues Routesonline reveals the largest African carriers, with the top ten carrying almost 60 million passengers between them last year. Read more.
3. GOL to add Quito link as Ecuador's market returns to growth Brazilian airline GOL is adding a tenth country to its network with the launch of a direct route to Ecuador. Read more.
4. Chinese carriers to connect regional cities with LA As China prepares to ease its “one route, one airline” policy on long-haul routes, Hainan Airlines and China Southern are gearing up to increase their services from secondary cities to Los Angeles. Read more.
5. Routes Podcast: Airport and airline partnerships easyJet's Robert Carey and Edinburgh Airport's Gordon Dewar feature in our latest podcast, discussing airport and airline partnerships. Read more.
PLUS: Airline in focus: Brussels Airlines Route rundown: OSL-KBV, IAH-GUA, VIE-BCN Routes app now live for Routes Africa World Routes meeting request system opens on Monday Bulletin board: aviation industry news round-up
The route development forum for Africa Routes recognises the importance of enhancing intra-Africa air connectivity to stimulate economic development across the region. Find out more
Download Spotlight on China
China’s aviation story is one of phenomenal growth. The market is currently the second largest in the world but is on course to surpass the US as the biggest by 2022.
Download White Paper
About The Author...
Online Editor - Aviation
David is responsible for providing insight to the Routesonline community through the latest breaking news, as well as regular features and analysis on developments and trends within the sector. He previously spent 11 years as a business journalist, which included five as the editor of an award-winning digital news team.