Five stories you may have missed: European winter capacity, TakeOff 2018, WestJet, Kenya Airways, Lufthansa and more
Our top five stories on Routes Weekly: Europe's winter capacity; airline consolidation ‘damaging aviation profitability’; WestJet extends European network; Kenya Airways targets Beijing after launch of New York route; Lufthansa to reduce capacity growth and more.
2 November 2018 10:49
Our top five stories on Routes Weekly this week - subscribe here:
1. Analysis: Europe's winter capacity accelerates With more than 600 million seats available on European routes this winter, Routesonline reveals the markets and airlines driving the capacity growth. Read more.
2. Airline consolidation ‘damaging aviation profitability’ Airline consolidation is hurting profitability across the aviation and tourism sectors, one of North America’s leading industry figures has told TakeOff 2018. Read more.
3. WestJet extends European network WestJet is further growing its network in Europe from next summer with a new service to Barcelona in Spain. Read more.
4. Kenya Airways targets Beijing after launch of New York route Kenya Airways is eyeing revenue gains of 10 percent following the launch of is first non-stop flight to the US, while a route to Beijing is firmly in its sights. Read more.
5. Bulletin board: aviation industry news round-up This week: China Eastern’s first A350-900; Lufthansa to reduce capacity growth; Chile court approves LATAM agreements; Air France-KLM CEO; United inaugurates new services and more. Read more.
PLUS: Route rundown: LFW-LAX, DMK-CMB, SFO-BCN Airline in focus: interCaribbean Airways Mexican voters opt to scrap $13bn new airport Latin America 'must address infrastructure concerns' Airline industry ‘not attractive to millennials’ What does it take to win a Routes Marketing Award? Part 2: The submission stage Jetlines CEO to speak at Routes Americas 2019
Get our Routes Weekly newsletter!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter with route development news, features, interviews and more.
Download Can tourism ever be sustainable?
Exploring how airlines and destinations are working together to help balance social and environmental concerns with the economic benefits of tourism.
Download White Paper
About The Author...
Online Editor - Aviation
David is responsible for providing insight to the Routesonline community through the latest breaking news, as well as regular features and analysis on developments and trends within the sector. He previously spent 11 years as a business journalist, which included five as the editor of an award-winning digital news team.