US Airways on Wednesday (28OCT09) announced its realigned operation, which sees following changes:
- Las Vegas sees further downsizing from Feb 2010, dropping from 64 Daily flights to 36.
- Cancellation of Wichita and Colorado Springs service
- Embraer E190 aircraft redeployed on US Airways Shuttle service – Boston – Philadelphia and Boston – New York La Guardia
- Suspension of 5 International destinations: Birmingham UK, London Gatwick, Milan Malpensa, Shannon and Stockholm
- Conversion of 2 International seasonal service to year-round: Brussels and Zurich by late-2010
- Returning its route authority on the Philadelphia – Beijing
- Upon completion on slot exchange with DELTA at Washington Reagan, it’ll launch 8 new routes: Birmingham AL, Islip NY, Ithaca NY, Little Rock AR, Myrtle Beach SC, Pensacola FL, Savannah GA and Tallahassee FL