CAAC today announced the slot designations for nonstop service between China and Taiwan.
Air China, China Southern, China Eastern, Hainan Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and Xiamen Airlines all awarded flights to Taiwan, which the Chinese side will operate 18 weekly round-trip total between Friday and Monday.
The initial designations are the following:
- Air China: 4 weekly from Beijing
- Hainan Airlines: 2 weekly from Beijing
- China Eastern: 4 weekly from Shanghai
- Shanghai Airlines: 2 weekly from Shanghai
- China Southern: 4 weekly from Guangzhou
- Xiamen Airlines: 2 weekly from Xiamen
However, destinations in Taiwan has not yet been announced.
The scheduled weekend charter service is set to launch on 04JUL08, and there will be no restrictions of types of traveller or nationality can travel on these flights.
Taiwanese carrier has yet to announced the details.