We would like your input on some of the current key aviation discussion points and the topics you would like us to discuss with experts in the industry.
Ahead of World Routes 2016 in Chengdu, China in late September, Routesonline will be holding a couple of interview sessions with Jeremy Robinson, partner at international law firm Watson Farley & Williams LLP to get a legal perspective on some of the major talking points in the industry.
What key industry discussion topics should we 'Ask the Expert'?
- Liberalisation and protectionism: which way are we going? 14%
- The rise of the Gulf carriers and the global response 30%
- Ever greater safety in the skies: regulatory developments 3%
- Making new connections in developing aviation markets 32%
- Managing capacity peaks and troughs through the economic cycle 3%
- Connecting aircraft finance to route development 19%
Robinson, a regular speaker and panellist at our events, specialises in EU and UK competition law across all sectors. His work covers international merger control for mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures; distribution and licensing arrangements; restrictive agreements/abuse of dominance; competition compliance; state aid; sanctions; economic regulation of certain industry sectors, in particular aviation, transport, energy and utilities.
In our first of three interviews, Robinson will provide insightful views on the UK Brexit referendum and what it means for air service agreements and future connectivity to and from the UK.
But the others topics we will explore in the subsequent interviews will be decided by you… the Routesonline community.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR ABOUT!
We have selected six options:
- Liberalisation and protectionism: which way are we going?
- The rise of the Gulf carriers and the global response
- Ever greater safety in the skies: regulatory developments
- Making new connections in developing aviation markets
- Managing capacity peaks and troughs through the economic cycle
- Connecting aircraft finance to route development
Please vote in the above poll and let us know which of the subjects you want to read about. The poll will be open until 00:01am BST on July 28, 2016 when the most popular selections will be discussed with Jeremy Robinson for publication on Routesonline during August 2016 and September 2016.