Since 1995, the 'Routes' concept has united airlines, airports and suppliers to work together to sustain and develop air services. It is a powerful concept, unique both in aviation and as a catalyst for regional economic development. The World Route Development Forum (World Routes) is the annual gathering of the air service development industry on a global level.
Additionally, the annual Routes regional events portfolio - covering Americas, Asia, Europe, Africa and CIS - is a series of regional airline, airport and supplier networking forums and are all held in the first half of the year, designed to complement attendance at World Routes later in the year.
- World Routes - The World Route Development Forum - is the world renowned annual airline and airport networking event. Itfacilitates and encourages the role of airports in the development of air services through organising global and region specific airline/airport networking forums.
- The next World Routes will take place in Barcelona, Catalonia 23-26 September 2017.
- Routes Regional events include Routes Americas, Routes Asia, Routes Europe, Routes Africa and Routes CIS.
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. asm-global.com.
- In April 2007, Routes won the prestigious Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2007. The award, for outstanding business performance and commercial success, recognised Routes' sustained contribution to aviation route development through its innovative Regional and World Route Development Forums.
- Routes and ASM were acquired by UBM in August 2010. UBM connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. ubmemea.com.
- The following air transport and aviation trade associations support or participate at Routes or Routes Regional events: Airports Council International (Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Caribbean, Africa), ICAO, IATA, Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA), United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), British Airports Group (BAG), Ukrainian Airports Association, Airport Association of CIS Civil Aviation, European Regional Airline Association (ERA), European Low Fares Airline Association (ELFAA), European Civil Aviation Conference, African Civil Aviation Conference, African Airline Association and the Airline Association of Southern Africa.
- Airport Strategy & Marketing Ltd (ASM) was founded in 1993 and was the first management consulting company specialising in the field of route development.
- ASM helps airports, airlines and tourism authorities to expand their route networks and bring economic development to their surrounding regions. The results that have been achieved support ASM's claim to be the world leader in its field.
- The company is built around a growing team of experienced route development professionals and their approach purposely mirrors the function and nature of route development itself. This has enabled ASM to develop a track record without equal in delivering new routes for airports across all airline sectors.
- Routesonline is the official website of Routes, The World Route Development Forum. Re-launched in May 2008, Routesonline is a new online forum for the route development industry. It provides airports with the ability to promote their market opportunities and is the airline's central source of market data and route development information.
PR Contact Details
Members of the press can contact our Communications & Content Marketing Manager, Karen Reeves, at:Routes
113-115 Portland Street
Tel: +44 (0)161 234 2721