The air company ''Airzena'' was established in September 1993. Initially, ''Airzena'' operated charter flights to United Arab Emirates, Italy, China, Egypt, India, Syria, as well as the regular flight to Vienna. In that economically and politically complicated period, due to the correctly selected strategy, the company succeeded to achieve recognition and retain its share in the aviation market. In 1999 ''Airzena'' became the flag carrier of Georgia. In August 2004, the company changed its name to ''Georgian Airways''. However, ''Airzena'' has remained as a short brand name and is...
Georgian Airways in winter 2019/20 is adjusting operations, as the airline suspends selected routes during winter season. Following routes will be...
- Georgian Airways adds Batumi – Yerevan service from July 2019
- How the Russia-Georgia ban will affect the market
- Georgian Airways adds Batumi – Amman scheduled charters in S19
- Georgian Airways adds Amman charters in S19
- Georgian Airways resumes Batumi – Moscow service from June 2019
- Georgian Airways adds Tbilisi – Voronezh service from April 2019