Alitalia is Italy's national airline and flag carrier. The company has its head office in Fiumincino, Rome, Italy. Its main hub is Leonardo da Vinci - Fiumincino Airport, Rome, and a secondary in Linate Airport, Milan. Other focus airports are Catania - Fontanarossa Airport, Milan - Mapensa Airport, Palermo Airport and Naples Airport.
In 2014, it was the eleventh largest airline in Europe. The name 'Alitalia' is an Italian portmanteau of the words Ali (wings) and Italia (Italy).
Alitalia in the 3 rd quarter of 2019 plans to offer new route to Egypt, which sees the offering of 1 weekly Bari – Sharm el Sheikh route....
- Blue Air expands Alitalia codeshare from Feb 2019
- Alitalia / Kenya Airways resumes codeshare partnership from June 2019
- Alitalia adds Ajaccio / Comiso service in 3Q19
- Alitalia resumes Milan – Tel Aviv route from late-July 2019
- Alitalia resumes Milan – Cairo service from late-July 2019
- China Southern expands Alitalia codeshare in 1Q19