Alitalia is Italy's national airline and flag carrier. The company has its head office in Fiumincino, Rome, Italy. Its main hub is Leonardo da Vinci - Fiumincino Airport, Rome, and a secondary in Linate Airport, Milan. Other focus airports are Catania - Fontanarossa Airport, Milan - Mapensa Airport, Palermo Airport and Naples Airport.
In 2014, it was the eleventh largest airline in Europe. The name 'Alitalia' is an Italian portmanteau of the words Ali (wings) and Italia (Italy).
The company currently operates a fleet of around 100 aircraft to desinations throughout Europe and worldwide.
Alitalia in summer 2020 season plans to launch new service to Germany, where the airline plans nonstop Milan Linate – Hamburg route. From...
- Alitalia / Azul begins codeshare partnership from Dec 2019
- Saudia / Alitalia expands codeshare routes in late-Oct 2019
- Alitalia and Xiamen Airlines begins codeshare partnership in late-Sep 2019
- Alitalia adds Milan Linate – Perugia service in W19
- Route rundown: FCO-SFO, SVO-KIX, ORY-BOS
- Alitalia resumes San Francisco service from June 2020