Alitalia is Italy's national airline and flag carrier. The company has its head office in Fiumincino, Rome, Italy. Its main hub is Leonardo da Vinci - Fiumincino Airport, Rome, and a secondary in Linate Airport, Milan. Other focus airports are Catania - Fontanarossa Airport, Milan - Mapensa Airport, Palermo Airport and Naples Airport.
In 2014, it was the eleventh largest airline in Europe. The name 'Alitalia' is an Italian portmanteau of the words Ali (wings) and Italia (Italy).
The company currently...
Skyteam member Saudia at the launch of winter 2019/20 season plans to expand codeshare partnership with Alitalia, covering additional routes via...
- Alitalia and Xiamen Airlines begins codeshare partnership in late-Sep 2019
- Alitalia adds Milan Linate – Perugia service in W19
- Route rundown: FCO-SFO, SVO-KIX, ORY-BOS
- Alitalia resumes San Francisco service from June 2020
- Alitalia expands German link from Milan Linate in W19
- Alitalia expands Uzbekistan Airways codeshare from late-July 2019