Alitalia is Italy's national airline and flag carrier. The company has its head office in Fiumincino, Rome, Italy. Its main hub is Leonardo da Vinci - Fiumincino Airport, Rome, and a secondary in Linate Airport, Milan. Other focus airports are Catania - Fontanarossa Airport, Milan - Mapensa Airport, Palermo Airport and Naples Airport.
In 2014, it was the eleventh largest airline in Europe. The name 'Alitalia' is an Italian portmanteau of the words Ali (wings) and Italia (Italy).
The company currently operates a fleet of around 100 aircraft to desinations throughout Europe and worldwide.
Aeroflot Russian Airlines since late-January 2020 expanded codeshare partnership with Alitalia, covering additional 2 long-haul routes, including...
- Alitalia / Royal Air Maroc expands codeshare network in Feb 2020
- Alitalia adds seasonal Milan Bergamo – Cagliari service in S20
- Alitalia Milan Linate August 2020 seasonal service additions
- Alitalia W20 Tokyo service changes as of 07JAN20
- Alitalia S20 Milan – Tokyo service changes
- Alitalia Rome – Tokyo Narita S20 Preliminary changes