Introduction to Alitalia
Alitalia is Italy's national airline and flag carrier. The company has its head office in Fiumincino, Rome, Italy. Its main hub is Leonardo da Vinci - Fiumincino Airport, Rome, and a secondary in Linate Airport, Milan. Other focus airports are Catania - Fontanarossa Airport, Milan - Mapensa Airport, Palermo Airport and Naples Airport.
In 2014, it was the eleventh largest airline in Europe. The name 'Alitalia' is an Italian portmanteau of the words Ali (wings) and Italia (Italy).
The company currently operates a fleet of around 100 aircraft to desinations throughout Europe and worldwide.
Alitalia this week completed schedule update for intra-European routes (excluding domestic) during winter 2020/21 season, from 25OCT20 to 27MAR21....
- Alitalia NW20 Long-Haul inventory changes as of 17SEP20
- Alitalia closes Milan Malpensa reservations for travel until March 2021
- Alitalia NW20 Intercontinental Inventory adjustment as of 18AUG20
- Alitalia August 2020 European network as of 02AUG20
- Alitalia to increase international routes
- Alitalia Sep/Oct 2020 Intercontinental network as of 26JUL20