Introduction to Air Astana
Air Astana is the national carrier of Kazakhstan and was incorporated in late 2001. Its maiden flight was on 15th May 2002 from Almaty to Astana. Air Astana is owned by the Kazakhstan Government (51%) and BAE Systems PLC (49%).Air Astana is the only airline in Kazakhstan to maintain its fleet to audited EU EASA 145 standards. In 2008 it was admitted to the register of the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) - one of the few airlines in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) to achieve this.
Flights from Almaty to Tashkent and Bishkek are being added back to the Kazakhstan-based carrier's network.
- Air Astana adds Almaty – Frankfurt service from Oct 2020
- Air Astana resumes Tashkent / Bishkek from mid-Sep 2020
- PRESS RELEASE: Airline CEOs and association leaders confirmed to speak at Routes Reconnected
- Air Astana increases connectivity to Germany
- Air Astana W20 International network changes as of 23AUG20
- Air Astana August 2020 International service resumptions as of 15AUG20