Introduction to Air Astana
Air Astana is the national carrier of Kazakhstan and was incorporated in late 2001. Its maiden flight was on 15th May 2002 from Almaty to Astana. Air Astana is owned by the Kazakhstan Government (51%) and BAE Systems PLC (49%).Air Astana is the only airline in Kazakhstan to maintain its fleet to audited EU EASA 145 standards. In 2008 it was admitted to the register of the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) - one of the few airlines in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) to achieve this.
Routes spoke to a string of airline CEOs this year. Catch up on 10 of the most recent interviews.
- Routes Reconnected: FlyArystan expansion ‘breeds healthy competition’
- Routes Reconnected: Air Astana pivots to point-to-point leisure routes
- Airline snapshot: Air Astana
- Industry to unite next week to drive aviation recovery
- Route Analysis: Air Astana adds Maldives service
- Air Astana Nov 2020 International operations as of 18OCT20