Air Astana is the national carrier of Kazakhstan and was incorporated in late 2001. Its maiden flight was on 15th May 2002 from Almaty to Astana. Air Astana is owned by the Kazakhstan Government (51%) and BAE Systems PLC (49%).Air Astana is the only airline in Kazakhstan to maintain its fleet to audited EU EASA 145 standards. In 2008 it was admitted to the register of the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) - one of the few airlines in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) to achieve this.
More fuel efficient aircraft are opening up new markets between the east and west. Routes assembled a panel of leading figures in the airline...
- Exclusive interview with Air Astana's Richard Ledger
- Air Astana expects low-cost boom
- Air Astana / S7 Airlines begins codeshare partnership from July 2019
- Air Astana Sep/Oct 2019 Nur-Sultan – Beijing aircraft changes
- Ukraine International / Air Astana begins codeshare partnership from June 2019
- CEO-packed conference line-up at Routes Silk Road