Air Astana is the national carrier of Kazakhstan and was incorporated in late 2001. Its maiden flight was on 15th May 2002 from Almaty to Astana. Air Astana is owned by the Kazakhstan Government (51%) and BAE Systems PLC (49%).Air Astana is the only airline in Kazakhstan to maintain its fleet to audited EU EASA 145 standards. In 2008 it was admitted to the register of the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) - one of the few airlines in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) to achieve this.
This week: SpiceJet ties up first codeshare, Jet2.com expansion continues, AAPA names new leader.
- Air Astana discontinues Nur-Sultan – Paris CDG service in late-May 2020
- Bulletin board: Emirates, American Airlines, Air Astana, Norwegian and more
- Air Astana expands A321neo LR network in 1Q20
- Air Astana S20 Nur-Sultan – London aircraft changes
- Air Astana adds Almaty – Paris CDG service from June 2020
- Air Astana / S7 Airlines expands codeshare network from late-Oct 2019