Air Astana is the national carrier of Kazakhstan and was incorporated in late 2001. Its maiden flight was on 15th May 2002 from Almaty to Astana. Air Astana is owned by the Kazakhstan Government (51%) and BAE Systems PLC (49%).Air Astana is the only airline in Kazakhstan to maintain its fleet to audited EU EASA 145 standards. In 2008 it was admitted to the register of the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) - one of the few airlines in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) to achieve this.
During their sponsored lunch at Routes Europe Astana Convention Bureau, hosts of Routes Silk Road 2019, showcased their rapidly growing destination...
- Airline in focus: Air Astana
- FlyArystan outlines initial route network
- Air Astana adds seasonal Bodrum service in S19
- Analysis: Kazakhstan's incredible growth
- Air Astana expands Istanbul service in S19
- Air Astana increases Astana – Tashkent service in S19