Introduction to Air Astana
Air Astana is the national carrier of Kazakhstan and was incorporated in late 2001. Its maiden flight was on 15th May 2002 from Almaty to Astana. Air Astana is owned by the Kazakhstan Government (51%) and BAE Systems PLC (49%).Air Astana is the only airline in Kazakhstan to maintain its fleet to audited EU EASA 145 standards. In 2008 it was admitted to the register of the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) - one of the few airlines in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) to achieve this.
LCC FlyArystan is to open a base at Karaganda and begin eight new routes from Kazakhstan’s fourth most populous city.
- Route analysis: HAN-PRG, ALA-BOM, DSS-GVA
- Air Astana / FlyArystan suspends domestic service for 30 days from 22MAR20
- Air Astana March - May 2020 service update as of 09MAR20
- Air Astana March 2020 Korea service changes as of 04MAR20
- Air Astana adds Mumbai service from June 2020
- Air Astana closes Mainland China reservations Feb - Oct 2020