Air Astana is the national carrier of Kazakhstan and was incorporated in late 2001. Its maiden flight was on 15th May 2002 from Almaty to Astana. Air Astana is owned by the Kazakhstan Government (51%) and BAE Systems PLC (49%).Air Astana is the only airline in Kazakhstan to maintain its fleet to audited EU EASA 145 standards. In 2008 it was admitted to the register of the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) - one of the few airlines in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) to achieve this.
Low-cost carrier FlyArystan is preparing to open its first international routes over the coming months, as well as adding a string of new domestic...
- Air Astana schedules limited-time Brussels service in Oct 2019
- Air Astana updates A321neo operation in 1Q20
- Air Astana W19 Moscow service changes
- Air Astana expects low-cost boom
- Air Astana / S7 Airlines begins codeshare partnership from July 2019
- Air Astana Sep/Oct 2019 Nur-Sultan – Beijing aircraft changes