About The Airport
With the runway significantly extended to 1799 meters in December 2011, Vagar Airport is within direct reach of more destinations than ever before. The runway extension and other investments have already proven to be a game changer. New routes and an increase in charter operations from mainland Europe resulted in a rise in passenger-figures to the Faroese high yield market. From 2011 till 2017, the number of passengers at Vagar Airport has rizsn from 203,000 to 341,388. Growth from 2016 till 2017 was 16,8 percent.
The new Vagar Airport terminal opened in June 2014.
Vagar Airport has an extensive network, incentive schemes and works together with Visit Faroe Islands, the Faroese business- and leisure community as well as all airlines, charter operators and other parties interested in promoting traffic to and from the Faroe Islands.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Atlantic Airways and SAS
- Number of Serving Airlines: 2
- Number of Direct Destinations: 9
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 1799
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 377813
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 931,7
- Ownership: Public Company
- Operational Opening Hours: 8am till 8.30pm
- Total Catchment Population: 51,000
- Urban Population: 51,000
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 5