About The Airport
Well rooted in the past, but widely open to the new, Bucharest Airports National Company manages the airports of the Capital, Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport and Bucharest Băneasa Aurel Vlaicu International Airport, which merged in 2010 and process over 70% of the passenger air traffic in Romania.
Our goal is to develop the most modern and efficient regional airports system in the South-Eastern part of Europe, in order to facilitate our country's economical and cultural exchange with all the countries worldwide.
Our mission is to ensure a fluent passenger and cargo traffic and to be a trustworthy partner for all our clients - the passengers, the airlines and the handling companies - by promoting the highest standards of the provided services, protecting the environment and maintaining a high level of social responsibility.
Wisely balanced between tradition and innovation, Bucharest Airports National Company constantly develops its own route to success.
Facts and Figures
- Number of Serving Airlines: 44
- Number of Direct Destinations: 86
- Number of Terminals: 2
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 3500m x 45m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 12,84 millions
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 3.148,55
- Ownership: The shares are structured as follows: 80% owned by the Romanian State, represented by the Ministry of Transport, and 20% owned by Fondul Proprietatea.
- Operational Opening Hours: 24/7
- Total Catchment Population: 12 Million
- Urban Population: 56,4%
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 45