About The Airport
Olsztyn-Mazury Airport is located 10km from the city of Szczytno and 58km from Olsztyn. It is the only international airport in north-eastern Poland.
The company “Warmia and Mazury” was founded in 2011 and manages the airport to this day. The PLN 205 million transformation project implemented during 2007-2013 aimed at developing airport expansions plans. Construction of the Olsztyn-Mazury Airport was completed at the end of 2015. During the last few months of modernization, the programme included various projects such as preparing necessary documentation, staff training as well as starting up and testing supporting systems. After nearly 6 years of intensive work, on 18 January 2016, the Olsztyn Mazury Airport was certified by the civil aviation authority.
Facts and Figures
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Wizz Air, Ryanair, PLL LOT
- Number of Serving Airlines: 3
- Number of Direct Destinations: 5
- Number of Terminals: 1
- Number of Runways: 1
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2500 M
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 154,499
- Ownership: Warmia i Mazury Sp. z o.o.
- Aircraft Parking Stands: 4 stands for C code aircraft