Introduction to Simon Mwansa Kapwepwe International Airport
Simon Mwansa Kapwepwe International Airport is located approximately 3kms south of the Ndola City central business district in the industrial Copperbelt Province.
Situated 1,270 metres (4,170 ft) above sea level. It has two parallel concret runways, the primary measuring 2,514.6 metres (8,250 ft) in length and a secondary runway measuring 1,219.2 metres (4,000 ft) The terminal has six aircraft stands.
Originally set up as a Royal Air Force Military base it was built in 1938 to service the British army during the Second World War and was converted into a civilian Airport in the 1950’s....
South African Airways earlier this month announced network restructure, as the airline cancels 8 routes from late-Feb 2020. Additional route is...
- ProFlight Zambia increases Johannesburg service in Dec 2019
- ProFlight Zambia adds Johannesburg service from Sep 2019
- SA Airlink increases Embraer E170/190 network in 2Q18
- Ethiopian Central/Southern Africa changes from June 2018
- Ethiopian Airlines W16 operation changes as of 19AUG16
- Kenya Airways S13 Operation Changes as of 27MAR13