Oakland International Airport reports July 2021 traffic result
Oakland, Calif. – August 30, 2021: Oakland International Airport, the second busiest airport in the San Francisco Bay Area, reports continued passenger and cargo traffic growth for July 2021.
In July 2021, passenger traffic at Oakland International Airport (OAK) increased 9.5 percent from what was reported for June 2021. The airport saw 77,801 more passengers than it did in June. Air cargo was up 6.4 percent compared to July 2020.
July 2021 Passenger and Cargo Statistics
- Oakland International Airport saw 893,736 total passengers in July 2021, up 9.5 percent from June 2021 with 815,935 passengers.
- In July, a total of 448,141 passengers departed OAK’s runways. Of those, 43,707 were connecting.
- There were 15,338 international arriving passengers in July.
- The airport saw July passenger traffic jump by 161.5 percent compared to July 2020 when just 341,831 passengers were carried.
- On a rolling twelve-month basis, while in recovery, traffic is still off by 32.9 percent with 5,774,786 passengers this year compared to 8,602,303 during the same period a year ago.
- 117.6 million pounds of air cargo were transported in July, up 6.4 percent in a year-over-year comparison.