Oakland Airport reports April 2023 passenger traffic
International passenger arrivals increase by nearly 17 percent from March
Oakland, Calif. – June 6, 2023: In April of 2023, Oakland International Airport saw 938,369 passengers, an increase of approximately 2 percent from April 2022. This represents approximately 82.6 percent of pre-pandemic passenger levels seen in 2019.
April 2023 Passenger and Cargo Statistics
- Oakland International Airport saw 938,369 total passengers in April 2023, an increase of 2.8 percent compared to the prior month. This represents a 2.2 percent increase year over year compared to April 2022 when 918,532 passengers were carried.
- A total of 463,973 passengers departed on flights from OAK’s runways in April, with 60,168 of those connecting at OAK.
- 22,315 international passengers arrived at OAK in April. This represents a 16.8 percent increase from March 2023 when 19,100 international passengers arrived. The increase reflects the addition of new service to San Salvador, El Salvador and increased service to Mexico by Volaris Airlines.
- On a twelve-month rolling basis, traffic is up by 37.1 percent with 11,602,225 passengers this year compared to 8,463,570 during the same period a year ago.
- 86.0 million pounds (approximately 39 million kilograms) of air cargo were transported in April at OAK, down by 16.4 percent in a year-over-year comparison.
About Oakland International Airport
Oakland International is the main airport for the greater East Bay, the most populated area in the metropolitan San Francisco Bay area. It is the closest airport to most Bay Area employers. By roadway and BART air-rail, OAK enables excellent access to all of the region’s business, entertainment and tourism venues. The vision of Oakland International Airport is to be the airport of choice for San Francisco Bay Area residents and visitors alike. OAK is operated by the Port of Oakland, which also oversees the Oakland seaport and 20 miles of East Bay waterfront. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs in the region with more than a $130 billion economic impact.
Updates about travel during the COVID-19 pandemic, current departure and arrival information, airport maps, and details about on-airport parking, shopping and dining and more, can be found at www.oaklandairport.com.