About The Airport
Sochi International airport annual passenger numbers were 6.8 million passengers in 2019 and is recognised as one of the top 10 Russian Airports with regards to domestic passenger traffic.
Sochi is Olympic Resort located by the edge of the Black sea.
Sochi offers a warm, sunny sub-tropical climate in summer, and ample snow in the mountains for skiing / snowboarding in the winter. The Caucasian State Natural Biosphere Reserve, located just north of Sochi, is a UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site.
Sochi was the main gateway during its time of being the Host City of 2014 Winter Olympics, 2014 Paralympic Winter Games, F1 Grand Prix, FIFA World Cup-2018 World.
Facts and Figures
- Number of Serving Airlines: 40
- Number of Direct Destinations: 60 Domestic and International Destinations
- Number of Runways: 2
- Length of Main Runway (m): 2,890 x 45m
- Passenger Numbers (mppa): 6,772,062 in 2019
- Cargo Tonnes (p.a.): 5,200 tonnes in 2019