Introduction to Air India
With the merger of Air India and Indian Airlines on 30 March 2007, a merged Company viz. National Aviation Company of India Ltd (NACIL) was formed. Effective 24 November 2010, the name of the Company was changed to “Air India Limited”
The Authorized Share Capital of the Company is Rs.11,000 crores (divided into Rs.1100 equity shares of Rs.10 each). The Issued, Subscribed and Paid up Share Capital of the Company is Rs.6,261 crores (divided into Rs.626.1 crores fully paid up equity shares of Rs.10 each). Air India operates over 90 destinations.
The new codeshare agreement with Indian carrier Vistara will significantly expand United Airlines’ offering in India.
- 2019 in review: July to December
- Air India to restore Amritsar's link with London
- Air India W19 Mumbai – London aircraft changes
- Air India outlines post-privatisation fleet ambitions
- Air India reduces Copenhagen service in W19
- Air India expands network despite ownership uncertainty