Introduction to Air India
With the merger of Air India and Indian Airlines on 30 March 2007, a merged Company viz. National Aviation Company of India Ltd (NACIL) was formed. Effective 24 November 2010, the name of the Company was changed to “Air India Limited”
The Authorized Share Capital of the Company is Rs.11,000 crores (divided into Rs.1100 equity shares of Rs.10 each). The Issued, Subscribed and Paid up Share Capital of the Company is Rs.6,261 crores (divided into Rs.626.1 crores fully paid up equity shares of Rs.10 each). Air India operates over 90 destinations.
IndiGo’s domestic network will grow to 63 destinations once the route launches.
- Vistara adds second European destination
- Route Analysis: Chennai-London Heathrow
- Air India plans Chicago and San Francisco additions
- Air India W20 UK Air Bubble network as of 21OCT20
- Route Analysis: SYD-AKL, DEL-YVR, AUH-KTM
- Air India adds Delhi – Vancouver service from late-Oct 2020