Introduction to Air India
With the merger of Air India and Indian Airlines on 30 March 2007, a merged Company viz. National Aviation Company of India Ltd (NACIL) was formed. Effective 24 November 2010, the name of the Company was changed to “Air India Limited”
The Authorized Share Capital of the Company is Rs.11,000 crores (divided into Rs.1100 equity shares of Rs.10 each). The Issued, Subscribed and Paid up Share Capital of the Company is Rs.6,261 crores (divided into Rs.626.1 crores fully paid up equity shares of Rs.10 each). Air India operates over 90 destinations.
The Indian government said it will consider reopening regular international flights when India’s domestic traffic reaches 50-60% of pre-COVID...
- Indian airlines permitted to resume domestic routes
- United-Vistara codeshare comes into effect
- 2019 in review: July to December
- Air India to restore Amritsar's link with London
- Air India W19 Mumbai – London aircraft changes
- Air India outlines post-privatisation fleet ambitions