Introduction to Air India
With the merger of Air India and Indian Airlines on 30 March 2007, a merged Company viz. National Aviation Company of India Ltd (NACIL) was formed. Effective 24 November 2010, the name of the Company was changed to “Air India Limited”
The Authorized Share Capital of the Company is Rs.11,000 crores (divided into Rs.1100 equity shares of Rs.10 each). The Issued, Subscribed and Paid up Share Capital of the Company is Rs.6,261 crores (divided into Rs.626.1 crores fully paid up equity shares of Rs.10 each). Air India operates over 90 destinations.
The airline has filed plans to launch two new services to the Israeli city as international passenger traffic from India continues to surge.
- Air India Eyes Multiple Hubs, International Expansion
- Air India Express Eyes ‘Huge’ International Expansion
- Press Release: Aviation leaders unite in Da Nang to rebuild regional air connectivity
- Press Release: Aviation leaders to explore future of route development at Routes Asia 2022
- 50 new routes starting in September 2021
- Indian domestic airline traffic on the rebound