Introduction to COPA Airlines
Copa Airlines is Panama's Flag Carrier and its operations are based in Panama City's Tocumen Airport. Copa Airlines continues to pursue its commitment to strengthen its connectivity and position the Hub of the Americas as the best connected air hub in Latin America. Currently, Copa Airlines serves 80 cities in 32 countries in the Americas.
Copa Airlines was founded in 1947 as the National Airline of Panama. It began operations with flights to three cities in Panama on Douglas DC-3/C47 planes. By 1966, the airline boasted three weekly flights to San Jose, Costa Rica, which was its first...
The US, which banned all air transport with Venezuela 13 months ago, has fined Copa Airlines $450,000 for “unlawfully transporting passengers”...
- COVID-19: Latin America market update (w/e May 17)
- COVID-19: Latin America market update (w/e April 19)
- COVID-19: Latin America market update (w/e March 22)
- Copa Airlines considers temporary shutdown of operations
- Copa Airlines moves planned service resumption to late-June 2020
- Copa Airlines 01JUN20 – 19NOV20 planned operations as of 1100GMT 02MAY20