Introduction to Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has established itself as the world’s leading airline in just eight years.
Set up by Royal (Amiri) Decree in July 2003, Etihad commenced commercial operations in November 2003 and has gone on to become the fastest growing airline in the history of commercial aviation.
Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, is the airline’s hub. From here, Etihad’s fleet of 125 aircraft serve an international network of over 120 destinations.
The airline seeks to reflect the best of Arabian hospitality – cultured,...
Gulf carrier aims to “gradually” resume services with the goal of operating 45% of its pre-COVID capacity by August.
- UAE’s newest airline to begin service on July 14
- Virgin Australia given new life, to be owned by Bain Capital
- Emirates president Tim Clark: Deal with US major 'makes business sense'
- Middle East and Africa market update
- COVID-19: Middle East and Africa market update (w/e May 24)
- COVID-19: Middle East and Africa market update (w/e May 17)