Short but rich history
The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly.
The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice, Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland; Budapest and Debrecen in Hungary; Sofia and Varna in Bulgaria; Chisinau in Moldova; Bucharest,...
The city will become the ninth in Spain to be served by Wizz Air from Budapest.
- Wizz Air exploits St Petersburg’s seventh freedom rights
- Wizz moves into Italy-Albania market following Ernest’s suspension
- Wizz Air expands Vienna network from July 2020
- Wizz Air adds new Italian links from Tirana in S20
- Wizz Air S20 Belgrade service adjustment as of 15JAN20
- Wizz Air discontinues Chisinau – Doncaster service in S20
has updated their profile
4 months 24 days ago