Short but rich history The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly. The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice,...
Vienna Airport lost its second-largest customer a year ago when Air Berlin collapsed, but has since experienced a surge in traffic. Joint CEO and...
- Route rundown: LIS-DUB, IEV-BRE, CAN-HAN
- Wizz Air further expands Ukraine network in W18
- Low-cost carriers dominate top ten fastest-growing airlines
- Route rundown: HEL-LAX, HAN-NRT, VDA-BUD
- Wizz Air expands Eilat/Ovda network from Nov 2018
- Wizz Air UK W18 London Luton frequency increases