Introduction to Wizz Air
Short but rich history
The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly.
The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice, Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland; Budapest and Debrecen in Hungary; Sofia and Varna in Bulgaria; Chisinau in Moldova; Bucharest,...
The Hungarian airline is returning to Lodz after almost a decade, while Bydgoszcz becomes a new point on the carrier’s route map.
- Wizz Air To Launch Three New Routes From Bucharest
- 50 New Routes Starting In September 2022
- Wizz Air To Increase Vienna Presence
- Routes In Brief: Rolling Daily Updates (W/C Aug. 29, 2022)
- Wizz Air To Launch 20 Routes to Saudi Arabia
- Routes In Brief: Rolling Daily Updates (W/C Aug. 15, 2022)