Short but rich history The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly. The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice,...
Plan ahead to make the most of your time at the industry’s leading route development events.
- Analysis: Europe's winter capacity accelerates
- Wizz Air expands A321 network in S19
- Wizz Air W18 Vienna expansion plan revision as of 26OCT18
- Europe's aviation industry by numbers - latest update
- Wizz Air Poland network changes from Oct 2018
- Vienna’s low-cost battleground