Short but rich history
The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly.
The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice, Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland; Budapest and Debrecen in Hungary; Sofia and Varna in Bulgaria; Chisinau in Moldova; Bucharest,...
Wizz Air UK in the last few weeks announced planned service to Tenerife, with the offering of London Luton – Tenerife South route. For...
- Wizz Air expands A321neo network in S20
- Wizz Air, Oman Air and Egyptair register for Routes Africa
- Wizz steps up Romanian expansion
- Bulletin board: aviation industry news round-up
- Ukraine eyes further LCC growth
- Wizz Air UK A321 W19 operations as of 06SEP19
has updated their profile
2 months 10 days ago