Short but rich history The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly. The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice,...
This week: Air China to start Chengdu-London route, Wizz Air continues its Debrecen expansion and Ethiopian adds a second UK destination.
- Wizz Air tweaks Vienna operations in 2018/19
- Wizz Air boosts Debrecen operation from Dec 2018
- Bulletin board: aviation industry news round-up
- Wizz Air adds Sibiu – Tel Aviv from July 2018
- Routes Weekly top five: Brexit, Qantas, United Airlines, Norwegian, Ghana and more
- Wizz Air expands Kiev service in 2H18