Short but rich history
The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly.
The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice, Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland;...
This week: Qatar Airways is to launch a new service to Gaborone in Botswana; Wizz Air is adding a third destination in Russia; and Air Belgium is...
- Wizz Air adds Bremen – Olsztyn-Mazury service from late-Oct 2019
- Wizz Air boosts Kutaisi network from Sep 2019
- Wizz Air adds new routes from Budapest in late-Oct 2019
- Wizz Air adds Gdansk – Molde route in W19
- Wizz Air expands Poznan network from mid-Sep 2019
- Wizz Air UK W19 operation changes as of 04JUL19