Introduction to Wizz Air
Short but rich history
The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly.
The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice, Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland; Budapest and Debrecen in Hungary; Sofia and Varna in Bulgaria; Chisinau in Moldova; Bucharest,...
Wizz Air in the last few weeks continue to adjust planned operation for Wizz Air UK, due various travel restrictions and market demand. As of...
- Wizz Air Nov 2020 operations as of 17OCT20
- Over 100 of the world’s leading airlines to attend Routes Reconnected
- Wizz Air adds Eindhoven – Rzeszow service from Nov 2020
- Wizz Air further expands Birmingham network in 4Q20
- Wizz Air launches domestic Norway service in Nov 2020
- Wizz Air to shake-up Norway’s domestic market
Latest Updates from Wizz Air
has updated their profile
1 year 1 month ago