Short but rich history
The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly.
The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice, Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland;...
Wizz Air in recent weeks filed preliminary schedule for winter 2019/20 season, which includes the addition of A321neo operation on following...
- Wow Air's changing route network prior to its demise
- Wizz Air further expands Polish network in S19
- Wizz to expand new Krakow base
- Wizz Air adds new Greek routes from Kiev from late-May 2019
- Wizz Air adds Gdansk – Bodo link from May 2019
- Wizz Air expands Castellon seasonal links in S19