Introduction to Wizz Air
Short but rich history
The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly.
The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice, Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland; Budapest and Debrecen in Hungary; Sofia and Varna in Bulgaria; Chisinau in Moldova; Bucharest,...
Wizz Air has bolstered its presence in Bulgaria and confirmed the restart of routes between the UK and Russia.
- Italy-Ukraine competition to intensify
- Recovery Tracker: KLM, Qatar Airways, Virgin Atlantic and more
- Wizz Air to further expand from St Petersburg
- Wizz Air Abu Dhabi reveals inaugural routes
- UAE’s newest airline to begin service on July 14
- Wizz touches down in Abu Dhabi
Latest Updates from Wizz Air
has updated their profile
11 months 1 day ago