Introduction to Wizz Air
Short but rich history
The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly.
The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice, Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland; Budapest and Debrecen in Hungary; Sofia and Varna in Bulgaria; Chisinau in Moldova; Bucharest,...
The LCC continues to grow despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Wizz Air to open base at Larnaca, Cyprus in July
- COVID-19: Middle East and Africa market update (w/e May 3)
- Wizz Air unveils inaugural Abu Dhabi routes
- Wizz to grow Ukraine operations
- Wizz Air to restart select London Luton and Vienna routes
- Wizz to enter new markets, accelerate Abu Dhabi plans
Latest Updates from Wizz Air
has updated their profile
8 months 28 days ago