Introduction to Wizz Air
Short but rich history
The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly.
The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice, Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland; Budapest and Debrecen in Hungary; Sofia and Varna in Bulgaria; Chisinau in Moldova; Bucharest,...
Routes details the latest new route announcements, as well as the services returning to carriers’ networks.
- Wizz Air Targets Turkish Expansion
- Routes In Brief: Rolling Daily Updates (W/C Jan. 9, 2023)
- Wizz Air To Close Cardiff Base, Ceasing All Service From Airport
- 50 New Routes Starting In January 2023
- Rolling Daily Updates (W/C Dec. 19, 2022)
- Rolling Daily Updates (W/C Dec. 12, 2022)