Short but rich history The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly. The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice,...
Low-cost carrier Wizz Air is to station a third aircraft at its newest base in Krakow and launch six additional routes.
- Wizz Air further expands Polish network in S19
- Wizz Air adds new Greek routes from Kiev from late-May 2019
- Wizz Air adds Gdansk – Bodo link from May 2019
- Wizz Air expands Castellon seasonal links in S19
- Wizz Air S19 A321neo operations as of 01MAR19
- Wizz Air expands Kutaisi network from August 2019