Short but rich history
The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly.
The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice, Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland; Budapest and Debrecen in Hungary; Sofia and Varna in Bulgaria; Chisinau in Moldova; Bucharest,...
Routes' weekly update on how airlines and airports across Europe are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ryanair grounds flights until June
- Wizz to launch Abu Dhabi carrier this year
- Moldovan airline HiSky to launch in April
- Leading Airline CEOs Tackle the Question of Sustainability at Routes Europe 2020
- Wizz Air to start Budapest-Santander route in June
- Wizz Air exploits St Petersburg’s seventh freedom rights
has updated their profile
6 months 27 days ago