Short but rich history The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly. The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice,...
has updated their profile
9 months 5 days ago
What will the year ahead have in store for the commercial aviation industry? From further consolidation in Europe to a shake-up of global airline...
- Wizz Air adds Katowice – Fuerteventura service from April 2019
- Meet the region’s leading airlines at Routes Europe 2019
- Wizz Air adds Cluj – London Gatwick in late-March 2019
- Wizz Air UK expands London Luton network in 3Q19
- Bulletin board: Wizz Air growth, Boeing and Embraer deal, Virgin Atlantic mulls Flybe offer and more
- Wizz Air expands Varna network from July 2019