Short but rich history
The plan to launch Wizz Air was conceived in June 2003 when six people with a wide range of airline expertise and successful track records teamed up with József Váradi, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer. In just three months, Wizz Air was a registered company ready to fly.
The first flight took off on the 19th of May 2004 from Katowice. Today Wizz Air offers over 500 routes from 27 bases in the region: Gdansk, Lublin, Poznan, Katowice, Warsaw and Wroclaw in Poland;...
Wizz Air UK in recent weeks revised planned Airbus A321 operation for winter 2019/20 season, effective 27OCT19 (exclude certain routes). Planned...
- Wizz Air UK adds Castellon service from Dec 2019
- Wizz Air UK discontinues 5 routes in W19
- Wizz Air discontinues Brussels South Charleroi – Ljubljana in late-Oct 2019
- Wizz Air 4Q19 New routes launch as of 05SEP19
- Wizz Air UK adds Russia service from October 2019
- CPH's routes in focus: Kiev, Delhi and Hong Kong
has updated their profile
13 days 9 hours ago