El Salvador International Airport is located 31 kilometers from San Salvador. It was built in 1970, replacing Ilopango Airport, which is now a fixed-base operator (FBO) and is also being used for charter and military aviation. El Salvador International Airport is currently the only commercial airport in the country. In 2013 the airport attended 2,367,869 passengers, which makes it the second busiest airport in the Central American region. It’s currently a hub for Avianca Airlines, and for a future...
Avianca starting tomorrow (01AUG19) is increasing San Salvador – Los Angeles service, as overall frequency raises from 21 to 27 weekly....
- Avianca Americas network changes from May 2019
- Avianca April 2019 Bogota – San Salvador service adjustment
- Interjet adds San Salvador service from Dec 2018
- Delta ends Los Angeles – San Salvador service in late-April 2019
- United schedules 737 MAX 9 service to San Salvador in 1Q19
- Avianca expands Central America routes in NW18