Introduction to El Salvador International Airport
El Salvador International Airport is located 31 kilometers from San Salvador. It was built in 1970, replacing Ilopango Airport, which is now a fixed-base operator (FBO) and is also being used for charter and military aviation. El Salvador International Airport is currently the only commercial airport in the country. In 2013 the airport attended 2,367,869 passengers, which makes it the second busiest airport in the Central American region. It’s currently a hub for Avianca Airlines, and for a future Salvadoran Airline, VECA, which will start operating in April 2014. At his time, the...
Avianca, which offered almost 40 million seats on routes across Latin America last year, has filed for bankruptcy protection after travel bans...
- ULCC Spirit adds El Salvador from Baltimore
- Avianca NS20 International service changes as of 20JAN20
- Frontier Airlines 2Q20 International expansion
- TACA A320neo W19 operations as of 23OCT19
- Avianca increases San Salvador – Los Angeles flights from August 2019
- Avianca Americas network changes from May 2019