El Salvador International Airport is located 31 kilometers from San Salvador. It was built in 1970, replacing Ilopango Airport, which is now a fixed-base operator (FBO) and is also being used for charter and military aviation. El Salvador International Airport is currently the only commercial airport in the country. In 2013 the airport attended 2,367,869 passengers, which makes it the second busiest airport in the Central American region. It’s currently a hub for Avianca Airlines, and...
- List of Top 5 Airlines: Avianca, United, AA, COPA, Delta
- Number of Serving Airlines: 8
- Number of Direct Destinations: 71
- Number of Terminals: 2
Avianca Group during the month April 2019 is adjusting Bogota – San Salvador service, currently served up to 3 times a day. From 01APR19...
- Interjet adds San Salvador service from Dec 2018
- Delta ends Los Angeles – San Salvador service in late-April 2019
- United schedules 737 MAX 9 service to San Salvador in 1Q19
- Avianca expands Central America routes in NW18
- Spirit Airlines expands A321 network Sep 2018 – Mar 2019
- Spirit Airlines adds new international service from Houston in Sep 2018