Introduction to El Salvador International Airport
El Salvador International Airport is located 31 kilometers from San Salvador. It was built in 1970, replacing Ilopango Airport, which is now a fixed-base operator (FBO) and is also being used for charter and military aviation. El Salvador International Airport is currently the only commercial airport in the country. In 2013 the airport attended 2,367,869 passengers, which makes it the second busiest airport in the Central American region. It’s currently a hub for Avianca Airlines, and for a future Salvadoran Airline, VECA, which will start operating in April 2014. At his time, the...
The Star Alliance member plans to begin the new international route in July.
- Frontier expands from Las Vegas and Miami
- Delta adds New York – San Salvador service from Dec 2020
- American Airlines expands Boeing 787 Miami International routes for 2020/21 Holidays
- Avianca files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- ULCC Spirit adds El Salvador from Baltimore
- Avianca NS20 International service changes as of 20JAN20