Introduction to El Salvador International Airport
El Salvador International Airport is located 31 kilometers from San Salvador. It was built in 1970, replacing Ilopango Airport, which is now a fixed-base operator (FBO) and is also being used for charter and military aviation. El Salvador International Airport is currently the only commercial airport in the country. In 2013 the airport attended 2,367,869 passengers, which makes it the second busiest airport in the Central American region. It’s currently a hub for Avianca Airlines, and for a future Salvadoran Airline, VECA, which will start operating in April 2014. At his time, the...
Delta Air Lines in winter season plans to launch new service to El Salvador, as the airline opens booking for New York JFK – San Salvador...
- American Airlines expands Boeing 787 Miami International routes for 2020/21 Holidays
- Avianca files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- ULCC Spirit adds El Salvador from Baltimore
- Avianca NS20 International service changes as of 20JAN20
- Frontier Airlines 2Q20 International expansion
- TACA A320neo W19 operations as of 23OCT19